Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,126 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

My headphone jack stopped working. What should I do?
JodyOnVerizon

I have a Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) and have always enjoyed using earbuds for music.  Normally, when I plug in the ear buds, the music stops coming from the phone's speaker and starts coming thru the earbuds.

Today, for the first time, the earbuds don't work and the music continues to come from the built-in speaker of the phone when the earbuds are plugged in.

The plug seems secure and doesn't jiggle at all.

I powered down (and up) the phone twice with no change.

I performed a visual inspection of the jack "hole" (with a light) and everything appears normal.

I gently cleaned the jack "hole" with a Q-tip with no change.

There is no icon showing that there is anything plugged into the jack.

The earbuds work nicely with another device.

I made a phone call using the built-in speaker phone with no problem.

I just checked "System updates" and the phone tells me my Android system is up to date. (version 4.1.2)

After checking this forum for answers, I noticed that Safe Mode might help identify the problem, so:

I am currently operating in Safe Mode (it says Safe Mode at the bottom of the screen) with no change.

This is a brand new problem and appears to be hardware since there is no icon for headphones (I never noticed one before but I guess I just missed it, cause I've always been able to use earbuds before...) and it continues when in Safe Mode.

Many thanks for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic