Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,303 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

iphone, sold as new, but contains refurbished parts??
bluemoonbaking

Has anyone else out there been broadsided by purchasing what they THOUGHT was a NEW iPhone from Verizon, only to have their warranty voided later on at Apple because apparently there are THIRD PARTY PARTS discovered INSIDE THE PHONE when Apple inspected it for a warranty claim? Verizon/Birdcage store in Citrus Heights CA actually said, "Apple is lying." Yes, the young man at the Birdcage/Citrus Heights store ACTUALLY said that to me tonight when I called at 3:40 p.m.

Here's the situation: my 14-year-old daughter's iPhone 5S was purchased brand-new (supposedly) on May 16, 2014 directly from the Citrus Heights/Birdcage Verizon corporate store. Shortly after, it started acting glitchy (inconsistent response to touch on lower part of the screen, freezing, etc.). It was workable, and we just hadn't had much time to bring it in until now. The problem actually got worse over time, BTW--but I work full time and my daughter was working around it until I had time to devote to this. Yesterday, Nov. 28, we made an appt and went to our Verizon corporate store from where we purchased the phone. Because my daughter, in the meantime, had sustained a small crack on the housing down in the lower part of the phone (not the screen) near the "home" button, Verizon declined the warranty...but added that Apple would probably honor the warranty because they can determine if the problem was unrelated to the small crack. I was confident that the problem was unrelated to this superficial crack, so today I brought it into the Roseville CA Apple store. In fact, Apple agreed that the problem was under warranty, after a diagnostic--it was hardware related and covered, no problem. Well, it was no problem UNTIL they popped off the phone casing, revealing the motherboard, etc, and determined that there were THIRD-PARTY, NON-APPLE PARTS in our BRAND NEW iPhone!!! Here's the rub: WE DIDN'T PUT EM THERE!!!!! Apple believes the parts are consistent with a REFURBISHED PHONE...what????

Hours on the phone with both Apple and Verizon have so far accomplished nothing but a blame game (Verizon says it's Apple's problem, and Apple insists it's Verizon's issue for selling me what appears to be a refurbished phone).

Here's the WORST PART: Verizon continues to maintain that the small, superficial crack voids the warranty, DESPITE the PRIMARY ISSUE, which is that they clearly sold me a REFURBISHED IPHONE AS NEW for FULL RETAIL!!! I'm not resting until this phone is replaced. I'm DISGUSTED that Verizon will not honor their product...and it IS their product, despite being branded as "Apple." I purchased it from them in good faith. Not a single other soul has opened or replaced parts in my iPhone. And what they fail to consider is why anyone in their right mind would allow a WARRANTIED, EXPENSIVE IPHONE to be tampered with by anyone when it is FREE TO HAVE APPLE DO REPAIRS UNDER THAT WARRANTY?? Completely illogical. NO ONE has opened that phone for any reason, except that Apple tech TODAY in the Apple Store!!

I'm just so tired of Verizon and their customer service...it's so frustrating. Everyone blaming everyone else...no one standing by their sales. WHAT is my recourse??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic