Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,877 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Have I fallen victim to a scam?
ltmcc1023

So last Friday 3/20. I was busy trying to babysit my nephew when I go a phone call from someone claiming to be from Verizon letting me know that I might be out of service for 8 to 12 hours for a tower upgrade in my area. I wasn't only half paying attention to the phone normally I don't answer when I see it is a 1800 number. He said they would credit my bill for the month. He asked questions to verify my account, like last 4 digits of social, and then he asked for the password I use when I call customer service. I never call customer service so I don't remember that password. He said that was no problem. Since I never lost service I am now worried I might have fallen for a scam since I wasn't really on the top of my game. I have checked my account and nothing has been charged to it and I don't save credit card info to it so I hope I am safe.

I looked up the number that called me it is a legit Verizon number but I read that some scammers can mask the number with a legitimate number.

Has anyone else gotten a call like this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic