Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,086 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

How do I avoid getting invalid links in text messages?
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I’m experiencing an issue with incoming text messages from at least one person. My friend is a new Android user (on the S6 from an iPhone) and is still getting used to the keyboard. In almost every text she sends me, she inadvertently double-taps the spacebar which automatically drops in a period (“.”), then she’ll backspace once and keep typing, so I get strings of text like this: “I was at the.store and locked my keys.in my car.” The issue is, and I’m not sure if it’s her phone or mine, but those instances where two words are only separated by a “.” get interpreted as links to websites or domain names, so under the text in the body of her message, I’ll see a large preview window either saying ’keys.in’ is a website for sale, or in the odd chance that her mistake links to an actual website, the preview window will offer a preview of said website, similar to YouTube previews. How do I stop this from happening or is this a setting on her phone which needs addressed?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic