Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Connecting to network extender and do not want to be
kenquig
Enthusiast - Level 2

We moved into our office 4 years ago and my phone worked fine (currently Samsung Note3).  Recently a new neighbor moved in and installed a network extender.  Recently I have been dropping at least 50% of my calls.  I noticed that I am connecting to a network extender (I am 80 feet from their device).  Customer Support says they cannot contact the neighbor or access their account directly and that I have to go to them with hat in hand and ask them to have Verizon turn it down.  How do I prevent my phone from connecting to them (or any other network extender for that matter)?

I cannot believe that they designed the technology so that I connect to other peoples hardware and go out over their broadband network without my permission.  And without the option of opting out.  I have been happy with Verizon over the years, save the cost, however I need to start researching other networks.

Who I have the same questioned this topic