Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,891 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

How do I file a complaint against Verizon with the FCC?
loydeyates

Told a Customer Service Agent that when I turned off cellular on my iPhone I had used 6.2 GBs according to MyVerizon Page (which I had accessed using a separate connection). Twelve days later I again looked at the page to check the usage (because I had long suspected Verizon of adding data usage). Anyway, the Page said I had now used 9.3 GBs, and increase of 3 GBs, despite that cellular access was turned off!  After awhile, the Agent said she would transfer me to a "second tier" technical support. I held for 30 minutes, when "Michael 7110" came on the line, he had no idea why I had been transferred, so I had to start over with my explanation. After inventing several scenarios on how my phone could use the data despite being turned off, none of which were valid, he determined a new solutions – on the day it was turned off, I had in fact used 9.3 data, and not 6.1, and I was simply mistaken. I repeatedly said I was positive that the page said 6.1. Still, he said, I was mistaken, and continued to offer all sorts of ways to cut down my usage. Despite 1 1/2 hours of effort, I had gotten nowhere. Since it was "impossible" for there to be anyway that the usage was not done by my phone, I finally accepted defeat.

After I hung up, I went back to the Page, and since I started talking with them my usage had gone from 9.3 GB to 10.3 GB, and was still turned off! Now, I was once again positive that I had not used any amount since 12 days earlier, so I called back. I listened to the same recording over and over, for one hour and 11 minutes, when finally it stated due to technical issues nobody would be able to respond and to please call back at a later time!

With no other outlet available I decided to download all the stats on my data use for that billing cycle. It took quite awhile, but at the end, the usage was 6.26069 GBs, just a more exact number of the usage that I had told them when I turned it off and not the 9.3 he said on that date. Now, he told me he had calculated himself and was positive that when I turned it off, I had already used the full 9.3 GBs and it had not gone up mysteriously on its own during the 12 days it was off. What it tells me, he had simply made up the "fact" to avoid admitting that something else had gone wrong.

This was not the first time. A few months earlier I was overcharged $70. It took 3 months, and numerous phone calls, to get it refunded, despite each time them admitting it was a their mistake, but making me start from the beginning each time I called! This seems to be the culture at Verizon, and it is time for it to stop. Maybe the FCC will help, so my question remains. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic