Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,302 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Major time lag with text messaging
CUinCourt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Raxr Maxx HD, with the new KitKat software.    This message lag problem began only AFTER  KitKat was installed.   I am using the regular pre-installed texting program, no other 3rd party text programs even installed on the phone.

I have been experiencing MAJOR lag time for both sending and receiving text and picture messages from and to folks on Verizon as well as other carriers.  Some days it is significantly worse than others.  Today, it's KILLING ME - and I'm texting someone who is not only on Verizon, but who is on my account!!!   Today,  I'm experiencing a lag of upwards of 5 - 20 minutes- with a text message I'm sending with 3 words in it.

Here is what I have tried - unsuccessfully, I might add.

• Power Cycle
  • Hard Reboot
  • Deleted ALL text messages from my phone
  • Force stopped ALL other optional programs
  • Completely factory reset my phone (which I HATED to do and only did as a last resort, because it took forever to back up and I still lost things I was promised I would not)

None of these steps helps the problem, because this IS a KIT KAT issue, folks, and perhaps affecting the Motorola Razr product more than others, I don't know.  I just know that there are lots of people having this problem.   There are so many unanswered complaints about this problem on the web, and on each forum, Verizon support acts surprised like this is an unknown issue.   All I find are Verizon techs asking elementary questions and not providing any answers.   This is SOOOOO irritating!  

If there's someone out there who is actually FAMILIAR WITH and UNDERSTANDS this problem and KNOWS how to solve it - please contact me!!!!  I  cannot bear to walk through the elementary steps zero to 10 again with tech support again- only to be told to do the same darn things I already know don't work, and going thru the hassle of a factory reset that isn't going to fix the problem.

A SOLUTION is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic