Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,967 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Cannot send/receive texts from certain people
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nearly 3 weeks ago I noticed that my best friend was not receiving my text messages. Looking further into it I realized that there were several contacts not receiving my texts, including my boss and my mother. Everyone had been previously communicating with me via text without issue. I looked for help online and was able to verify that I did not have the numbers blocked, and none of the numbers were stored with a 1 in front of them. I tried two different third party messaging apps with no luck. During that time I added two new contacts to my phone on the same day and one I can communicate with without issue, and the other can only send texts to me and he does not receive mine. After a few days of trying different suggestions from online forums I did the factory reset but the problem was still there afterwards. I have tried deleting the contacts and message threads with no luck. My phone (Droid DNA) was 2 years old and the screen was heavily damaged so I switched to my backup phone, a Droid Razr HD. Still the problem persisted. The only things linking the two phones are my google accounts, my sim card, and my verizon account so today I activated a new sim card in the razr. No luck. Verified that my boss is still not receiving my texts. I've cleared all the caches, there is plenty of empty storage space on the phone. The razr hd has Android version 4.4.2 if that means anything.

I've read plenty of comment threads where people go back and forth about having the same problem and there was never an actual fix mentioned in any of that.  I am able to call, and receive calls with no problems. This is driving me crazy.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic