Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,708 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why am I having issues with the Samsung Galaxy S6 system update issues for G920VVRS4CPL3 software?
gmcward2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having multiple issues w/ my Samsung S6 device since I  received a new system update push for the G920VVRS4CPL3 software update on Jan . 8th.

Specifically  after browsing the internet using either Google Chrome, or Naked Browser, the Home Button ( center bottom) and Recent Key ( Left bottom) become unresponsive and I then become unable to exit the internet browser or see ( or close)  any other open apps that are on my phone.  The only way I am able to get out of the internet browser  and reset the phone at that point is to do a restart using the power key.

Then after I restart using the power key, it requires me to reset my system password every single time I restart ( I have had to do this 6 times in the last week) before I can access the home screen or any phone apps.  Also, it resets at least some my system settings ( i.e. disable fingerprint sign on authentication)  and I then have to go back in and turn on the fingerprint authentication again after every restart.

How do I fix this issue, or am I able to remove the current system upgrade and revert to the prior system software which worked fine ?  I am a heavy user of my phone and internet for work and cannot have this as an ongoing issue.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I am a firm believer of the old saying " if it isn't broke , don't fix it" and don't understand why we are forced to make these software updates when our current system works fine. At a minimum , the update need better vetted via user testing prior to pushing them out. I had a similar debilitating system upgrade issue with my old galaxy S4 that  would cause it to randomly reboot at any time and it would also randomly  drop calls. It eventually was fixed with another software push, but my phone was [Removed] for about 6 months while I waited.

Thanks
Guy

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic