Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,918 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Calls and texting on tablets! (Voice/SMS on tablets)
antonindvorak
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read several threads in which community members have asked about texting via their tablets.  I've seen responses marked as "Correct responses" that are not entirely true.  Don't let verizon or the armchair "experts" fool you.  Many current tablets have been designed and built with the necessary hardware capable of making regular voice calls and SMS (texts) with your regular phone/SMS/data smartphone plan SIM used with your tablet.  Verizon has chosen to prevent you, via restrictive firmware/software, from utilizing these features that were designed and built into your device by the manufacturer.

If you have a tablet plan, then yes, the plan does not support regular voice calls and SMS; however, don't be bamboozled by verizon or others when you are told that you must have a tablet-specific plan for your tablet.  You are being lied to.

I have unsuccessfully attempted to resolve this issue on my now three year old tablet (https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/921688 ), but the issue still applies to many of the current available tablets.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic