Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,707 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Paying taxes and upgrade fee?
shatch2203
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I started with a Note 7, and when it first got recalled, I exchanged it in store for an S7 Edge until the new Note 7 came out. No fees, no problem. When the replacement Note 7 came out, I was able to exchange the S7 Edge for it, and only paid the difference in sales tax between the two phones, around $8. Now, since I apparently have to switch phones again, I'm being told that I have to pay a $20 upgrade fee, plus the full sales tax on the other phone I'm getting, and that it will be credited later to my account. That's great, but I don't have a spare $85 laying around to do that. Since I'm returning the Note 7, shouldn't the amount I've already paid be credited right away? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in the meantime until I have enough extra money in my bank account to cover however long it takes. Is this really the only option? I understand it's not Verizon's fault that the phones are going bad, but it's not mine either! I already resigned myself to eating the cost of the expensive screen protector and case I bought for it, but I can't also pay these fees and wait for a credit. Any options?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic