Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,916 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Change Phone Number
Bailey2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

DO NOT CHANGE your NUMBER unless you want to get [removed]!  What a [removed]!   Changed my mobile phone number via Verizon phone connection at 0630 this morning.  Told to power off 2x, then a 3rd time, wait 2 minutes, then restart. Number will be changed. Oh yeah number was changed but phone did not work. Called Verizon and with CS we went through the same steps 5X and 45 minutes later, nothing. STold to go to a store.  Tried CHAT and again went through same process, over and over, then told the only remedy was a factory reset, thus losing all info unless I had backed up.  Went to Verizon store and for 2 hours he tried, replacing SIM card, even calling the 'experts' at Verizon.  Nope, no working phone. So factory reset was only option. Backed up all data and then was told a change in number and factory reset could take up to 24 hours.  Said NOWHERE was this told to me or written on the Verizon page.  Usually, according to rep, new number switches once you go through the Power off and on process.  So now I am without a phone and must wait 24 hours to see if the phone resets.  Told to come back tomorrow if the phone has not reset. [removed] is putting it mildly, especially when told that since this is a prepaid Verizon phone I am not at the top of  their priority list.  The only positive note is all reps were couteous and as helpful as they could be in a NO WIN situation. So if you are a prepaid Verizon client know your are 2nd class as far as support.  AND DO NOT CHANGE your number if possible.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic