Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,733 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Wanting to file a complaint about an employee at local store
JROLL33
Enthusiast - Level 1

My girlfriend and i went to our local Verizon store in Fuquay Varina to look at upgrading her phone since her contract is up on Jan. 18th, 2017. We had been online looking at phones where the Verizon website was prompting us to upgrade. We would get past selecting a phone, a plan, etc. and the website would eventually give us an "Oops" error message. So, we decided to just go to the store instead where we were assisted by Orlando. From the onset, Orlando wasn't very friendly or cordial. When we explained our purpose for visiting the store, he looked up my girlfriends account info and rudely informed us that she wasn't elegible for an upgrade. We explained that the Verizon website, and even the Verizon App on her phone, had stated she could upgrade now (only a couple of weeks early), but he very rudely kept shaking his head at us, and repeating NO, NO, NO you're wrong.

He wasn't willing to 'work with us' or even listen to what we had to say. Nor, did he even apologize for the incorrect information we had received from the website and the app on her phone. He was very disrespectful (being that he was younger than us and should show respect to his elders). But, even 'decent' customer service would apologize and attempt to make the customer feel appreciated and heard. It felt as though we were a burden by even being there and he (Orlando) having to deal with us. Yet, we weren't being loud or disruptive, but just looking for answers and understanding to our situation.

We finally just walked out of the store feeling very frustrated and extremely disappointed at the very poor customer service we had just experienced from Orlando. So much so, that my girlfriend asked that i turn around and go back to the store so she could get his name. And, once again when he spoke with my girlfriend, he was very disrepectful towards her, and kept asking 'what did i do' and 'i didn't do anything'. Again, still using a very disrepectful tone and attitude.

We felt it was important to report this to someone at Verizon but like so many others here, it appears that Verizon doesn't provide an easy mechanism for reporting complaints aboout their employees, or products. We are hopefull that Verizon will address this apparent systemic problem before they continue to lose all their customers.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic