Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,072 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Is data prioritization supposed to make your data plan basically unusable?
iChelseaSmileU

Hello-

I recently switched to the unlimited data plan post-paid from a prepaid plan because I needed access to more data. I am a high data user, so I fully expected to be throttled a little bit once I went over 22gb of data for the month, however, no sooner had I hit 22gb than I felt the full affect of the throttle. And while it doesn't always make my data unusable, it does a good portion of the time and as far as I'm concerned this is unacceptable. Why am I paying for an unlimited data plan when there are times that my data is completely worthless? .05mbps download speed makes my phone a brick, and I'm beginning to wonder why I switched to this plan. I have reset network settings, reset the phone, disabled and enabled cellular data, etc. I'm not sure what else can be done. I don't think this is a service issue as I get great service in my area and it's not an issue with the phone because there are some times that I have great data speeds, but the times that I really need it and can't even open a basic internet browser is extremely frustrating.

Is there any way to do anything about this or am I stuck with this unless I cancel my plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic