4G LTE Service in Austin, TX good to abysmal
jekyllhere

Anyone facing LTE issues in West Austin neighborhood? LTE speeds were good until yesterday after which it has been almost unusable.

I am having to turn off LTE radio and switch to 3G to make it barely usable.

Tried all the troubleshooting as suggested by CS, but nothing worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Service in Austin, TX good to abysmal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there jekyllhere,

Let's get you back in the fast lane. What zip code are you having issues in specifically? Which make and model device are you using? Do the issues primarily occur indoors or outdoors as well? Does it effect voice calls as well?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist. Also let us know the troubleshooting that has already been done so we don't repeat any steps.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jekyllhere

Hello Nicholas,

The issue is affecting throughout West Austin Neighborhood (78730 - 78746). Phone model is iPhone 5. Both Indoors and outdoors. It seem to affecting only LTE. I've to switch to 3G for the phone to be usable. LTE connection has become just too finicky and very slow. (< 1 Mbps DL and 0.01 Mbps UL).

I've already gone through the usual troubleshooting steps like resetting my network settings, removing and reinserting sim card et al.

The issue crop up only in the last 4-5 days. It was fine before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jekyllhere, thanks for the details. It looks like this area is known a trouble area. Have you considered this: http://vz.to/gwFgVl ?

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes