Anybody else in Boise ID area noticing 4g LTE service getting much slower....
h2ridaho
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed that my Speedtests have gone from when I first got my phone in mid December from getting ping rates from 70 - 90, and download speeds averaging 6mb, to pings 155 - 200, and download speeds 1.4mb - 4mb.   I'm more concerned about the ping rate than anything else..  

Labels (1)
Re: Anybody else in Boise ID area noticing 4g LTE service getting much slower....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello h2r,

Slow speeds=unacceptable. It's a shame that you may be loosing speed on our superfast 4G highway. Let's get you the speed you need and bolt you ahead of the rest. What type of device are you using? Have you had a chance to do a SIM pull and re-insert? Please share details. We want to make sure you have the speeds you deserve, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Anybody else in Boise ID area noticing 4g LTE service getting much slower....
h2ridaho
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done a sim card pull and waited 10 minutes and restarted.   I've tried power off power on.   I just tried another shutdown restart on my phone, and ran a speedtest.   With 4g LTE, I got 200ms ping, 798kbps download, and 1618kbps upload.  I'm using a Galaxy Note II

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:42:52 -0700

To: <Email address removed for privacy>

Subject: Re: Anybody else in Boise ID area noticing 4g LTE service getting much slower.... - Re: Anybody else in Boise ID area noticing 4g LTE service getting much slower....

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in 4G LTE - View the full discussion

Hello h2r,

Slow speeds=unacceptable. It's a shame that you may be loosing speed on our superfast 4G highway. Let's get you the speed you need and bolt you ahead of the rest. What type of device are you using? Have you had a chance to do a SIM pull and re-insert? Please share details. We want to make sure you have the speeds you deserve, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in 4G LTE by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
h2ridaho
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, not sure what happened and exactly when, but last three days at least, my pings have been down into the mid 70's which is much better, and I'm getting fairly consistent 2500kbps to 2800kbps speeds.  Still nothing to brag about for 4g lte download speeds, but the latency is much better.   Hopefully they will keep working on the speed portion.  

Glad to see there is some progress.   

0 Likes
h2ridaho
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm.   So much for a few good days of service........

Two days now of below 2mb 4g lte speeds.......

112ms ping, 893mbps download, 2384mbps upload yesterday

84ms ping, 1480mbps download, 3914 upload today, after power cycling my phone.   The first speedtest I tried today wouldn't even finish...

Still some flakey stuff going on with Verizon here..

0 Likes
h2ridaho
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was getting 2600 - 4400 kbps speeds for a few weeks, now it is back to 601, 479, 1360, 1640.    What is happening, Verizon???????       If I wanted slow speeds I would have stayed with Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your replies, h2ridaho!

And I'm terribly sorry to learn that just when we thought things were getting better, they turned back around. Well, I think consistency is key so let's get moving in the right direction.

Of course, I'd like to thank you for all you've done thus far with troubleshooting. Coverage is booming in Boise and no alerts have been issued http://bit.ly/ymXLCI . Have you tried safe mode to see if a third party application may potentially be presenting these issues http://vz.to/W71icU ? Also, is data roaming enabled? Go to settings > more settings > mobile networks > global data roaming access > and allow access for all trip. Please give this a shot and let us know how it goes. After all, slow speeds are not our forte and we want to remind you why you switched.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

h2r wrote:

I have noticed that my Speedtests have gone from when I first got my phone in mid December from getting ping rates from 70 - 90, and download speeds averaging 6mb, to pings 155 - 200, and download speeds 1.4mb - 4mb.   I'm more concerned about the ping rate than anything else..  

Well let's see, as more people get 4G phone more people are using the network so yeah the speed are going to slow down. Bandwidth is not infinite.

lordgoldneyes00
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is extremely frustrating can we get some sort of an early out on our contracts or a discount, the speeds are far slower than when I had a phone with access only to the 3g network. What a scam!

0 Likes
lordgoldneyes00
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all anyone suggesting that this is an individual phone problem is wasting everyone's time.  I have done speed tests with over 70 Verizon phones throughout my company all over Boise over the past 6 months and I don't think there has been one case of speeds breaking 5Mbps.  The average downtown is about .5Mbps and the average around the Mall area is 1.55Mbps.  It's a complete joke I think 3G speeds used to be anywhere from 1-3Mbps which is a much better deal than this.

0 Likes