Re: Inoperable LTE service in midtown manhattan
imdahlers

I just posted a complain to their facebook and twitter...maybe that'll get a response. Probably not though!

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been there, done that...this is how VZ will react :https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/993787#993787

0 Likes
Inoperable LTE service in midtown manhattan
timmiii888
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to Verizon's technical support team over the phone yesterday regarding a trouble ticket for low LTE coverage in area of 42nd Street and Park Ave otherwise known as Grand Central Station. The field tech that responded to my ticket said that the area is a known weak spot in their network and not much if anything can be done to fix this issue. There's also no way to get out of my contract without having to pay the penalties for the 4 lines I have.

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol yup...same response I got a few months ago.  Sad really...considering Sprint, Tmobile, and ATT don't suffer nearly as bad as Verizon in this area (and the rest of NYC area).  I just wish this got some coverage in the mainstream media...all you ever hear is how great Verizon is...I'm sure that's true elsewhere, but NYC - no way.  Not even close anymore.  Back in the 3g and early LTE days yes, but definitely not anymore.  And the "support" that we have received is a joke...always acting as if it's the first time they heard of the issue in the area...always asking "is it just one device?"  "is this just indoors"...uh...read previous complaints/tickets......

Cripes
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point I'd be happy with 1X speeds. And I'm a couple thousand miles from Manhattan.

0 Likes
ufotop

Just bought an HTC ONE, works great in Brooklyn and awful in the Herald Square area of midtown. Makes what would be an otherwise highly enjoyable experience unbearable. I have reset the phone, swapped out the SIM card, and most recently exchanged the phone for a brand new one, all without any improvement. Occasionally I will get decent coverage for a few minutes, then it drops and stays dropped unless I go to settings and change my preferred network to GSM/UMTS and then back to LTE/CDMA; a lame work-around at best that doesn't always work. What, if anything, does Verizon intend to do in order to fix this?

0 Likes
Inimical
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.. I'm on 53rd and 6th, but anywhere you go in Midtown the service is terrible. My co-workers who have other carriers do not have this issue. On a slightly brighter note VZ seems to be rolling out their AWS spectrum, which if I understand correctly should ease the congestion:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/16/4844524/verizon-wireless-begins-beefing-up-lte-network-with-aws-s...

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup...AWS being rolled out...but only if you have a device that supports it.  *MOST* will not.  And quite frankly, with the absurd customer service that VZ showed to most of us, I can't imagine many people wanting to sign up for a new 2 year contract to get one of the AWS supported devices...or paying full price to not get tied into a contract. 

0 Likes
Inimical
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had success contacting their executive team in the past - I suggest you do the same:

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/

0 Likes
Prizm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Manhattan Verizon is straight up garbage 4G LTE.  This is just like the bad old days of ATT with the iphone 1.  I was disappointed a year ago with Verizon service in the city and now I'm even more disappointed.  Midtown.  Lower midtown.  Uptown. SOHO. East Village, you name it.  Barely dial up speeds, if that.

Verizon has some serious, serious problems here. I can only imagine hundreds of thousand are thinking about jumping ship here. All my friends on ATT get smoking speeds.  It's definitely not worth the price.

0 Likes