How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
Wise_Wolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently installed Verizon's 5G Home Internet and they sent me their LVSKIHP gateway that goes attached to my window to get the 5G signal from the closest 5G tower in the area. The problem that im having is that I want to disable the built in firewall on the router because I think that it might be blocking stuff that I dont want to block but the only two options that the router gives me are to set the firewall to either Medium level blocking or High level blocking, it doesnt even let me see what traffic its blocking and choose if I want to block it or allow it. Is there any way that I can disable this horrible built in firewall? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Medium level firewall won't block anything originating within the local area network going outside and back.

If you were to be able to disable the firewall (which apparently you cannot), how is your network going to be protected? If you decide to buy your own router, that's a different story and has a different setting than the firewall needs to be changed.

View solution in original post

Re: How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Medium level firewall won't block anything originating within the local area network going outside and back.

If you were to be able to disable the firewall (which apparently you cannot), how is your network going to be protected? If you decide to buy your own router, that's a different story and has a different setting than the firewall needs to be changed.

BigKev1973

Hello, 

You can't, if you turn the firewall off on the router it becomes hackable by your neighbors. They can use your highspeed internet without you knowing it. Thus, slowing your speed down to nothing "been there, done that". You don't need to turn it off.

SHoooosh! , Thank  you

BK

0 Likes