Device not recognized HTC One
flatterus

Ever since the last Verizon update, neither of my computers recognize my phone. I have tried shutting off computers completely (internet advice) and my device drivers are current. Nothing works.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device not recognized HTC One
CCBALTHAZAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Success at last. I uninstalled every program that was connected to HTC. I then restarted my computer and plugged in my phone. Windows and my computer recognized my phone and windows installed the drivers I needed. I then reinstalled HTC SYNC and it worked fine. For some reason, the last Verizon  update wouldn't allow the programs to reconnect until everything was done over. I'm going to do same to my other computer to verify the solution. Thank all for your input !!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Flatterus,

I know how important it is to have your computer recognize your phone! Have you tried using a different USB cord? What happens when you attach the device? Do you receive any error message? Are you using theHTC sync manager http://vz.to/1j36mv5 ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
flatterus

I downloaded the htc sync manager (although I don't know why, this phone used to connect to my computer without it) and the directions ask to send the software to my computer which I cannot do because the computer and phone no longer communicate.  I have changed cables, that isn't the problem.   All my cables did not suddenly go bad.  When I attach the device I get an error sound and the device manager says "device not recognized error 43".  This happens both on my laptop and on my desktop computers when they normally worked before.  I have searched for an answer on the internet and while there is plenty of problems with this, there are no real answers.  Some people suggest shutting off the computer entirely for a couple of minutes, which absolutely does not work.   

0 Likes
CCBALTHAZAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have same problem. Phone synced ok before and now is not even recognized by computer. Cables do not matter and uninstalled sync app and reinstalled it to no avail. Verizon did something updating the phones  and with the number of complaints I saw on the internet I know its not my phone and have yet to see Verizon address the issue

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

First, make sure in the phone's settings ! PC connections you have the phone set to MTP media sync, not Charge Only.

Second, use a different USB port.

If neither resolves this, follow this MicroSoft KB article (method 4 only)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2654149

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, flatterus! When you plug in your phone does the phone recognize that it was plugged into a cable? On the device go to Settings/About/Software Information/More. Touch the Build number 7 times. It will now say you are a Developer. Then back out to Settings/Developer Options/Check USB Debugging Mode. Then plug into the computer.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CCBALTHAZAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since last update, debugging mode is not available on the htc one. Different usb ports make no difference either. When phone is connected , all that happens is you hear 3 bonk type sounds, htc doesn't open and the phone isn't recognized by computer. I've tried all the methods here and none of them work on the HTC ONE

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you try the fourth item in the MS article?

0 Likes
CCBALTHAZAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did, made no difference. Doesn't work with either of my computers so the problem is the phone

0 Likes
CCBALTHAZAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

This also does not solve the problem. After doing it says there is a MISSING DRIVER and I ran windows update looking for it and also tried to download it from Broadcom and both say driver does not exist; says consult manufacturer of device about problem so contacted HTC several times and have yet to receive a response. Ready to switch phones because I can't add to my music or save what is in my phone already because it isn't recognized by computer. Very disappointed

0 Likes