HTC 10 gmail and play store not working
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had issues after the latest update with all google related things but a reboot and everything was fine.  Yesterday I was unable to access gmail through the app.  I restarted and then completely shut it down.  Nope still can't.  Both are just a white screen.  I figured I would uninstall and reinstall the gmail app.  I tried to open play store and no such luck.  I can check my gmail through chrome but it is not as easy.  I have gone through all of the google apps but the only ones not working are gmail and play store.  Any suggestions would be welcomed!  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC 10 gmail and play store not working
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I have not been following this since I had the problem fixed.  I worked with someone from Verizon to fix it.  I had almost zero memory left.  I deleted things and moved other things to my laptop.  Started working beautifully

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angeliize2,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you. Can you provide us with the software version that you are currently running on your device.

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fraziercw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with both my HTC 10 phones.  Looks like gmail stopped syncing April 17th and my software version is 2.41.605.12.  What should we do now?

deloused
Master - Level 3

In case your Google Account is no longer signed in on your device settings for some reason following the updates that may be causing the issue. Or if it is still showing, removing and re-adding the google account may fix that.

Add an Existing Google Account - HTC 10 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Carlene126
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has you issue been resolved? Mine has not and a reboot didn't help.

DILLIGAF_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. Come on Verizon, what is the fix?!

0 Likes
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

Carlene126,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand the importance of having these features on your device. Have you attempted to remove and set back up your GMAIL account on the device? Can you access the play store at all? Any error message?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Carlene126
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dilligaf, I got it worked out this morning. Go to app manager and clear data (not just cache). Press power button until options come on, long press on top option to get screen that allows you to reboot in safe mode. Check and see if your gmail and play store work (mine did). Downside, it did take out most of the apps I have saved onto my homescreens. It appears as though a 3rd party app isn't playing nice since the upgrade. Otherwise this worked. I had NO luck in verizon store yesterday.

0 Likes
DILLIGAF_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Carlene126, nope. Just tried it. As you said, rebooted and most of my apps disappeared. Made no difference with gmail. Just rebooted the normal way to get my apps back. No luck with gmail. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DILLIGAF_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it!!!!!!!!

In my case it was an app called Juice Defender. I have now deleted the app (hated to do that) and my gmail is fine. Ditto the play store. Hopefully this helps someone else.

0 Likes