Headset echo problems after Android 4.3 update
Fred6v

After Verizon updated my Galaxy S3 with the new Android 4.3 update yesterday my Motorola Sliver bluetooth headset drives listeners nuts.  I can hear calls fine but people talking with me hear echo of their own voice which makes the headset unusable. Bluetooth in car is fine but $130 Sliver is now useless.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Headset echo problems after Android 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad you're making sure to use hands-free options whenever possible with your phone, Fred6v. We want them all working smoothly for you. An echo can commonly be caused by the volume level on a headset or device. Try lowering the volume slightly to see if the echo continues. Since you mentioned the Bluetooth in your car is working well with the update, if changing the volume doesn't help try removing and readding the Bluetooth connection http://vz.to/1adnh7K with your Sliver. The update may have simply caused a speedbump in the connection that needs to be smoothed out by refreshing the pairing. Please keep us updated if these help and let us know if you notice the echo on all calls or just with certain people or certain areas.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Fred6v

Jennifer,

Reconnected bluetooth and reset  to Motorola Sliver headset multiple times.  Played around with volume control as well.  Nothing helps echo problem.  The fact is none of these problems existing before the awful and bug ridden Android 4.3 release was pushed out by Verizon. Would have been nice if Verizon did some testing on this release before setting it loose on customers.  Called Verizon support, no help.  They vectored me to Samsung, no help either.

Fred

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all those steps, Fred6v. Verizon Wireless does as much testing as possible before an update from manufacturers (Samsung) and operating systems (Google) are released. There are sometimes unforseen difficulties that can occur since it's difficult to test every aspect, such as each Bluetooth headset available on the market. We've been working very closely with Samsung since the release of the software to ensure our wireless customers can enjoy the network we work so hard to provide. I do see we already respoted Bluetooth issues like yours that have occured with the update and appreciate your patience while Samsung developes a resolution.

Keep checking http://vz.to/ON56bT for any new information on software for your S3.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bennyyee

I also am getting complaints from receiving end callers hearing their own voice echo when I use my Motorola Elite Flip bluetooth with my Samsung Galaxy S3.  This occured after the 4.3 Jelly Bean update, previous to that update the bluetooth had no echo.  I've tried unpairing and reseting the bluetooth to factory and repairing. also turning down my volume, unchecking call setting:voice privacy as well as noise reduction, as well as unchecking media audio in bluetooth device setting.  Nothing works.  It seems like the 4.3 update is the problem, but possibly the Motorola Elite Flip is the not compatible.  I've also tried my old Motorola CommandOne with the same echo problem.  Has anyone found good call volume and no echo with any Bluetooth Headsets? with the 4.3 Jelly Bean Update? 

0 Likes