MOTO-X frozen during OS update Warranty and Protection Plan NOT HONORED
chipset35
Enthusiast - Level 2

While updating, my MOTO-X, the battery either went to 0% charge or some other way must have interupted the update and my phone froze.

Nothing the retail store near where I work, could do to fix it.

I was told by that store as well as Verizon Customer Service to go to the Corporate Store and get it replaced as the battery is sealed and there is no way to do a hard reset. Trying a soft reset via the boot menu did not work, neither did normal power up, restore, etc.

I have had this phone only 14 days and do have the most expensive protection plan.

I wanted to just return the phone to verizon (ordered from this verizon site), but customer service said just to exchange it for a new one.

I tried....and after a 30 minute wait in the corporate store in Williamsburg VA, the Verizon guy (MARK) in the store tries everything myself and the retail store did with same result.

Then he does a google search for 20 minutes and declares the ONLY WAY THIS PHONE CAN HAVE THIS PROBLEM IS IF I ROOTED IT.

WTF! This is my first smart phone and I only got it for work as my Boss has one and we use these at work. I am a complete Smart Phone noob, and dont know how to root a phone and nor do I want to.

I am also a grown man nearing reitirement with a good job, and was PISSED he would accuse of me of that.

He refused to exchange it and would not honor the warranty or the protection plan.

Thus, I exercised my right to return the phone by the end of 14 days per Verizon policy and told this punk just what I thought of him and his 2.5 google maps rating for his store, which is considered by everyone in this area to be the WORST.

I called customer service and told them about this punk, and they told me Verizon is not supposed to accuse customers BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH.

Customer Service took care of me and I got my purchase costs of the phone refunded.

Issue is that I feel sorry for anyone who goes to the Williamsburg VA store with a bad MOTO X and gets ripped off by this guy.

MY ADVICE DO NOT GO TO THE WILLIAMSBURG VA Verizon Corp Store.

I will not be getting another smart phone nor any phone from Verizon ever again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MOTO-X frozen during OS update Warranty and Protection Plan NOT HONORED
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@chipset35,

A new phone should be fun and not cause you so many headaches! I apologize for the bad experience at the VZW store you visited. Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment. This is definitely not how we do business. You should have the world class customer service experience with every interaction you have with VZW.

I'm glad that we were able to assistance you over the phone with customer service. Were they able to submit feedback for the store? If not, I can definitely do so. I just need you to provide the name of the representative at the store so I can submit the feedback to the appropriate person.

I'm here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chipset35
Enthusiast - Level 2

His name is "Mark"

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

And based on this type of service you received, you should not get service from Verizon.

I shudder to think of how you would be feeling if it was day 15 and were stuck with a new non operational phone.

Consumer reports and other places shows Verizons customer service at or near the bottom in satisfaction.

Don't believe the statements of how they provide world class service. Its documented as not true.

But you condition a person over and over and pretty soon they actually believe the statement they give you to be true.

You made a wise decision. Poor service within 14 days is a omen of bad customer service to come.

Good Luck

chipset35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, 

I would have been out the full cost of the phone, and all the other crap Verizon charges.

With employees like that the protection plans, warranty, and all that stuff is worthless.

They need to fire that Mark jerk!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chipset35,

Thank you for the information. We will certainly submit the neccessary feedback so that this does not happen again. We want to make sure that you always have a enjoyable experience with any medium you interact with us through. Let us know if you ever need assistance.

Thank you,

Tony_G
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TeeWhite1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Mark accused you of rooting the phone, he should have been able to point out exactly what brought him to that conclusion. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

0 Likes