New Notification after restarting phone "SIM card not from Verizon"
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a TCL 10 5G UW. I have had this phone for a couple years. Tonight, I restarted my phone and now it shows a notification that the 'SIM is not from Verizon'. I repeat, I bought this phone from Verizon, have had it in service for a couple years, have not changed anything about my account or my phone. I simply restarted it and now I have this notification. Why?

Re: New Notification after restarting phone "SIM card not from Verizon"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be a nuisance; I agree. You share that the device was powered off and on. How often does the message appear? Once dismissing it, does the phone work as normal?

-David

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone does work without any issues although every time I power off and back on the notification appears. I powered off the phone and removed the SIM card to check the condition of the contacts and all looks very good. Reinstalled, powered on and "Ding", the same notification appears. Every time I restart the device. 😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WK121,

Are you using a SIM card that was first activated on a different phone? Does the SIM say VZW 5G on it? Do you have a prepay account with us?

-Christopher

0 Likes
tabreu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been getting this on my OnePlus8.  Seems to be coming from the setup wizard and the issue seemed to start after a recent security update.  I can dismiss the notice and everything seems to work fine, but it is just an annoyance at this point. Phone was bought from VZW and I am on contract.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! It's important to make sure any error messages are addressed, though I'm happy to learn this isn't impacting the functionality. Have you taken any steps to troubleshoot this yet? If so, what steps have you taken?

*Anna

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

As soon as the device restarts, there is a notification sound and a banner that is displayed on the lock screen indicating the SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless. I can dismiss it and I will not see it again until I restart my phone. The phone seems to work normally in all cases. Calls are made and received without issue as are messages. Apps seem to work without any issue though I have been experiencing problems with some app notifications that are not being received and apps that seem to auto disconnect so that I am not able to receive their notifications until I manually open the app again, though I can't exclude the apps as being the fault in these cases. I spoke to a Verizon representative and it was suggested that I get a new SIM card. I went to the local Verizon store and they installed a new card for me without any issue. The first power up did not display the notification and the phone worked without issue. Several days later, I restarted my phone and to my dismay, the SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless message appeared again. It has persisted since, the same as before, each time I restart my phone, there it is. 😞

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

The SIM card does say VZW 5G on it. It was the SIM card that I received with the Verizon phone that I purchased at the local store. I do have Prepaid services through Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WK121, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Receiving a replacement SIM card was a good step to take. Can you please confirm that your phone has the latest Software Update? What is the Make/Model of your device? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a TCL10 5GUW T790S, Build 1BGSUFSO, Applied May 20, 2022, Android Version 10, Security Patch March 9, 2022. Software Upgrade Assistant reports No new Update Available at this time.  

0 Likes