Re: Nexus 5
MRW13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Technical bickering and finger wagging aside, I would love to see more options available from Verizon. 

Verizon and Android should play a little nicer together since they were able to keep each other relevant when Apple was only on AT&T.  I would like to see that long relationship turn into a better experience for us Android fans on Verizon, instead of looking at how green that grass is on the other side.

creator
Contributor - Level 2

actually The nexus 5 will be on sprint which is CDMA. it's because VZW felt it necessary to mess with pure android after being told by google not to touch it when they had the galaxy nexus.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

creator wrote:

actually The nexus 5 will be on sprint which is CDMA. it's because VZW felt it necessary to mess with pure android after being told by google not to touch it when they had the galaxy nexus.

I will believe when I see it.  Until then it is all rumors.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

Like you said it is all rumor but this could be good news if true

Carriers

Android head Sundar Pichai left the door open for a Nexus smartphone with the same Qualcomm multi-mode carrier support as the new Nexus 7. And thankfully, rumors suggest that Google may be including this type of support with the Nexus 5.

If true, it could mean that the Nexus 5 will be available for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon, just like the Nexus 7. And while there is no mention of 4G LTE data speeds but it’s likely if this type of support is on board.

One of the biggest drawbacks to the Nexus 4 was that it was only available on AT&T and T-Mobile and on HSPA+ not 4G LTE.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/08/14/nexus-5-release-date-rumor-roundup/

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The configuration of the Nexus 7 LTE allows for only a connection to the LTE network on Verizon Wireless. It can't connect to the voice or 3G EDVO network used by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sorrybrah

so is everyone ignoring the moto x as a nexus device ?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The Moto X isn't a Nexus device any more than the GPE Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are.  In fact, I would say that the GPEs are closer to being Nexus devices, but aren't.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The Moto X isn't and was never meant to be a Nexus device.  It's not even running pure Android.

0 Likes
jrasero23

Yeah I highly doubt Verizon will get the Nexus 5 or allow it to be compatible with Verizon's network.  After the Galaxy Nexus debacle I think Google has sworn off Verizon.  Even if Verizon were to get the Nexus 5 do you really want it on Verizon?  This is the same company that took months and months to update Galaxy Nexus and once updated it bricked my phone basically.  I have always loved pure vanilla Android BUT I have never been in love with the devices.  All of them have had terrible battery life and poor cameras which are essential to me, unless you get a Google Play edition of a HTC One or S4 or probably a G2 when it comes out, but these awesome Google Play Editions aren't compatible with Verizon. 

But what did you expect, this is coming from the company that took 6 months to release the HTC One.  This is why I went with a S4 and probably will go with a Note 3   >> comment deleted << 

No doubt Verizon gates it's network, but what good comes from it?  Crappy Droid phones? 

Verizon I don't care if you have a closed system but at least give us good phones upon release.  Why no Sony Z1, Lumia 1020, Nexus phones, etc

>> Discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
veloct
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm pretty much decided that when my contract is due in Nov., I'll be switching carriers.  I'm done with VZW bad bloatware and slow updates.  My Note 2 is still on 4.1.2.   EPIC FAIL!!