Preview of the new Note 5....
mama23dogs
Legend

I Couldn't be happier with my choice of the Note 3.  I didn't see enough in the 4 to lure me into the un needed expense. 

but....now....the new Note 5.

27 mp camera, on a swivel, to take better selfies and Skype

S pen with memory (?)

4 GB RAM, 32 or 64 on board storage with SD slot and MASSIVE removable battery.

I'm freakin giddy.....

SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 5 | Release Date, Specs, and News

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preview of the new Note 5....
Tidbits
Legend

1/3 of that isn't happening. Especially the SD card slot.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Can live without the SD card slot, which I was surprised was in this preview, since it has been rumored was going.

I'm concerned about the swivel camera.  Tiny moving parts are never a good idea.

Tidbits
Legend

That's not going to happen.  There's enough data out there it's not a very good idea.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Bigger the camera MP, bigger the file size, more data used, more data needed (if you plan to upload the file to backup), higher bill paid.  I had my concerns over OIS in my G2.  I can see the lens floating and anything moving makes me think mechanical, makes me thing, "Oh, this could break at any moment."  Never has though.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

We are talking a rotating camera not just OIS. The whole camera is on a swivel.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I get that, but if something as simple as an OIS floating axis worries me......

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I think we agree, a moving camera is a bad idea and isn't going to happen.

I Don't see how they are going to get more mp than the note 4.  And isn't it just a numbers gimmick at some point?  A camera that tiny can only take so fine a picture.  And the screen can only show so fine a picture.  It isn't like people print them anymore. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I stand behind the quality of the G2 camera.  I really did like my HTC Inc2 camera.  For 5MP it was great.  Remember when point and shoot cameras were only 5MP with 3x optical zoom?  They were pretty decent considering the times.  The G2 OIS was the selling factor for me, mainly for VIDEO.  Photos were crisp and not blurry too, but I found that taking an un-zoomed shot with the quality of MP allowed me to zoom in the picture on-screen or on monitor better than an already zoomed-in shot.  My 8MP Volt does a good job, and obviously, it isn't always the # of MPs, it's the sensor quality too.  And I bet if I put an 8MP sensor in the G2 and took out its OIS and compared to my Volt with no other changes, the G2 would still win given the other higher end specs like cpu and RAM, aperture and such.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have a fellow "Note-aphile" facebook friend.  We have been making fun of iPhone users panic over the "text virus" bomb thing.  And of course discussing the note 5. 

He finds it funny that I am a fondler and set off the sensors in the Samsung Dept at Best Buy often.  I admit I may need a 12 step program.  One more alarm and I have to take a class and register.   LMAO!