System Update 9.18.79.en.US
ftleesam

Is the subject a a legitimate Verizon Wireless Update for my Motorola DROID HD? Why is there no documentation about it anywhere on My Verizon site? Would like to know if it is legit and what is included/fixes in the subject update. Thanks in advance. I have not yet installed this update, pending further information.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: System Update 9.18.79.en.US
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

It's a legitimate update.

http://www.droid-life.com/tag/razr-hd/

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link to the change log on Verizon Wireless.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droidrazrhd.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I started a Thread for the 9.20.1 Update for the HD models over a Week ago on July 9 the Update and the thread is here another thread and that is below mine is for the 9.18.79 Update so there are Two possible Updates that are out why Verizon took this approach i don't Know if the 9.20.1 is out it should pop up in the System Updates section in about phone.. b33

Razr HD Maxx HD Update to 9.20.1

New update issue 9.18.79

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

I returned my phone and got a replacement RAZR HD. After I activated it, I was prompted to install the 9.20.1 update, which has not caused the reboot problem I had with 9.18.79.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's Good, hopefully with this update it cures some the issues that were out there and we can say that it was Helpful Answer.. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
ftleesam

Thanks Sandman_CA and Ann154 and B33. Ran the update and there appears (so far) to be no problem. Test will be when triggers activate for my preset Smart Actions.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool that it's going good so far Smiley Happy Let us know after you run the Test.. b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for starting these helpful threads, B33. It appears that the difference between the 2 software versions is because the update came out for both the Motorola Droid Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. Please keep me updated on the status of your update as UI would be happy to offer additional support if needed.

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yale.!  myself i don't have a HD unit. I wouldn't mind trying one.. I do however have Two Razr Maxx's that i'v had some Time with so I try to help when i can and was just giving the INfo hope it's helped..

0 Likes