"update" ruined my Samsung
JOEHAL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else experienced a whopping 90 minute "update" from Samsung only to find they had changed your phone so much it's not yours anymore?

Labels (1)
Re: "update" ruined my Samsung
bearone21
Legend

if you tried to do the update over the network t takes a lot of time!

check everything to make sure settings are where you want them!!

0 Likes
kacherry
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I updated  all my setting were reset and the setting to change them back were buried in the notification settings it took me hours to find them. It makes no logical since. Now when my phone rings it starts off soft and gets louder. I hate it! There is no setting that I can find to make it a constant volume. All the forums say I have to download an app to turn it off, what kind of stuff is that. I have to download an app to control volume features on my phone. My icons are half s7 icons and the other half are s8 icons and I would have to download load a theme for them all to match. If there is a way to downgrade my phone to before the update happened I'm all ears. They should give a deny update option, they force them on you then your phone is all jacked up. I could go on all day about things that are messed up now.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

b2d
Enthusiast - Level 3

My s7 is also messed up after the update. Visual voice mail does not open. I am not receiving notification of text messages. The icons are ugly and my battery life is much worse. Verizon needs to fix this asap

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The updates are meant to help with your experience, so we regret to hear the update has not been beneficial so far. JOEHAL1, some things are changed by the manufacturer and software company with an update. Here is a web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ that will help explain some of the changes. b2d, we can certainly troubleshoot any device issues you are experiencing. Do you get an error when trying to use Visual Voicemail? Do you receive notifications for other items, such as email? Can you elaborate further on the battery life issues with examples?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOEHAL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent 5 hours on the phone with you people plus you sent me 90 miles on a

journey for a joke the update was to ruin our phones so we would go buy new

ones that just accidentally happened right when our contract was up what a

coincidence. And as you have read your update made every single thing worse

every single thing more difficult that's not an update that sabotage

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 6:20 PM vzw_customer_support <

b2d
Enthusiast - Level 3

The voicemail app will not open at all. I receive message that voicemail has stopped working. As for battery usage I recently ran navigation using Google maps. I was not using 'high accuracy' and yet my battery was dropping nearly a percentage every thirty seconds or so. Also my phone is now hot to the touch which has never been an issue. I am still not receiving badge notification for text messaging. Yes I have checked the notification settings.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The update is meant to make your phone better, not worse, b2d. Let's take a closer look. When did you complete the software update? We ask because it can take a couple of days for your phone to fully optimize to the new software. Are all your apps up to date as well on your phone? Are you able to check your voicemail by dialing *86? If you open your text app, do you see the unread icon next to new messages?

Nicole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

How was it ruined? What was the updated. By the way updates come from the phone maker/google

0 Likes
JOEHAL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a 90-minute download done last Friday I've already had Google

Samsung and Verizon on a conference call as you all point fingers at each

other I'm tired of talking about it and I'm tired of you wasting my time

because you're not providing me anything you're only taking from me and now

I have to get a new phone. It's already hated up so much it shut down in

the battery life is shot now and a million other things.