voicemail app is not working
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I open the Voicemail app and click on "Call Voicemail" a box opens that says "Missing voicemail number. No voicemail number on SIM card" Then when I click on add number, the Voicemail number *86 is visible. If I click on that it closes with message that no changes were made. The only way I can access VM is to go to the phone app and actually dial *86. The voicemail app previously worked but no longer does.

I have Samsung Galaxy S5, not even 2 months old.

Duplicate conversation, continue discussion at:

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voicemail app is not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "Voicemail app" in the phone's application drawer is only meant to be used as the interface for the Visual Voicemail system. With basic voicemail, use the notification symbol in the notification bar/shade when you have a voicemail or long press the "1" key on the phone keyboard to access the voicemail (dials *86).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your voice mail functioning the way it should, BeachMusic! Did you recently accept a trial for Visual Voice Mail? Try going into your Phone>Menu>Settings>Voice Mail settings. Make sure number is programmed as *86.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone came with free trial for visual voice mail, and I do not remember accepting it. Yes, the number is set for *86. I DO NOT WANT VISUAL VOICEMAIL.

Samille

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BeachMusic,

Thanks for the details! Has you free trial ended? You may subscribe to Visual Voicemail for an additional monthly charge. You should be able to check your voicemail by dialing *86 from your cellphone for free. You can add features to your line here http://vz.to/1di2TlT .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't want visual voicemail simply because I do not want to pay even more to Verizon than I'm already having to pay! If the app is not going to work, just say so, and I will delete it. I know I can dial *86, I've been a Verizon customer since it was Cellular One or whatever.

Samille

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can remove the Visual Voicemail feature and add back Basic Voicemail by going to the "Change Features option in your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already have basic voicemail. The app shows when I have a voicemail, but I am able to retrieve it unless I go to the bone sitting and actually dial star 86 thank you

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already have basic voicemail. The app shows when I have a voicemail, but I am able to retrieve it unless I go to the bone sitting and actually dial star 86 thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "Voicemail app" in the phone's application drawer is only meant to be used as the interface for the Visual Voicemail system. With basic voicemail, use the notification symbol in the notification bar/shade when you have a voicemail or long press the "1" key on the phone keyboard to access the voicemail (dials *86).

0 Likes