A tiny string of text can disable iPhone Messages
Snn5
Legend
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A tiny string of text can disable iPhone Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wow, I would also be concerned to potentially be locked out of my messages Snn5. I am not showing this being reported as a known issue with Apple. However, it looks as if, you would need to reach out  out Apple support for further assistance if this were to happen to your device. We recommend not to open any text messages that you are not familiar with and delete them.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Nickle28

This happened to my daughter's phone at school today.  All of the kids were doing it to each other's phones.  All of the fixes that we have found online are not working.  How do we fix the phone?  She cannot open imessage at all and we couldn't connect to a computer to download her photos to make sure we had it backed up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you watch the video in the link or try what was suggested there?

LordhabMercy1moreX

I have that iPhone virus where I cannot get into my text message inbox. I have tried going through Siri I have tried an online text message and call program I have tried having the person text me that I thought I got it from what can I do???

0 Likes
LordhabMercy1moreX

That video isn't showing me anything.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
mama23dogs
Legend

Good of you to dig up this article on the fix!   A lot easier than wiping the phone.

B33
Legend

Hey got a Question to Ask via D.M. about the iPhone can I send ya one..

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

OF course.   Sorry, just checking in today...