T00NS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two phones:

11 Max Pro and the XS MAX 512

Both are being charged $17/month 

The 11 MAX PRO is called "Verizon Mobile Protect" on my bill 

while

The XS MAX 512 is called "Verizon Protect" on same bill

Is there a difference between the two and considering the value of the phones now, is it still worth paying the insurance for them? Meaning the XS is worth (Trade in value) $280 (The MAX PRO is $410.00). The deductible is I think $199.00 Which is what I am paying per year now to have this insured. (17x12 = $204 (-5 = 199))

Thanks ahead of time. 

0 Likes
Re: Same Bill Amount Different Names for Insurance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

T00NS, 

Sorry for any confusion. We want to make sure that you understand the coverage that you have on both devices. Verizon Mobile Protect provides coverage for your mobile device for loss, theft, damage, and post-warranty defects. Plus, these key benefits are available:

• Same-day delivery and setup for replacement smartphones  and when you buy a new device  on verizon.com
  • Unlimited cracked screen repair, fixed fast for only $29 each time you need it 
  • Battery replacement at a Verizon-authorized repair facility 
  • 24/7 Tech Coach expert support to help optimize your device and connect it to virtually anything else – now available from select smart home speakers
  • 24/7 Security Advisor experts  to optimize your digital security and privacy tools  and help resolve security vulnerabilities that can impact your personal identity and online privacy
  • Premium digital security benefits provide ID theft monitoring, secure Wi-Fi, and screening and blocking of robocalls  through the Digital Secure and Call Filter apps
  • Unlimited device refresh includes deep cleanings and diagnostics to optimize speed, performance and battery life 

Verizon Protect offers device protection, security and technical support for your digital lifestyle. It covers not only your devices, but also protects your personal data and helps you manage your calls.

• Security and privacy 
  • Wi-Fi security and protection 
  • Identity theft monitoring 
  • Identification of unknown phone numbers 
  • Personalized help from our team of Tech Coach tech experts

It also includes the following benefits, available for select smartphones and subject to parts/inventory availability. Eligibility will be determined at the point of claim approval:

• Same day replacement and set up for lost, stolen or damaged devices 
  • Unlimited cracked screen repairs for $29 each time 
  • Battery replacement at Verizon authorized repair facilities 

Is this information helpful to you? 

-Lasina

0 Likes
T00NS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are welcome! Let us know if there is anything else we can help with?~Christian

0 Likes