UPS/VERIZON LOST TRADE IN
hysharr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded my iPhone X with the shipping label that Verizon provided. It's been delayed in transit for over a week now. When I called Verizon they said that I as the shipper needed to file a claim with UPS. Now UPS won't let me file a claim because I'm not the one that purchased the shipping label (VERIZON is the one that is the shipper! Now on hold with Verizon twice now with no answers! So frustrating and they won't guarantee honoring the trade in deal even though I've shown proof of receipt for delivering the phone to the UPS store. Verizon needs to work on their customer service and figure out their systems for handling this issue. So frustrating and annoying!!! 

Re: UPS/VERIZON LOST TRADE IN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the trade-in process to go smoothly! I'm sorry to learn about what's happening, and I'm here to help. Tell me, when you track the shipment at the carrier's website, does it still come back as delayed? 

In order to take a closer look into this for you, I will also send you a Private Note, so we can continue.  

-Jordan

0 Likes
PB0721
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem. Currently on hold with a Verizon representative who is telling me the warehouse has not received my phone and they cannot reinstate the credit. I too have been a long time customer of Verizon but do not appreciate the unwillingness of Verizon to work with their customers. Obviously there is a major disconnect in their system since I am reading about so many others who have the exact same issue.  Have not seen one customer say the matter was resolved. 

PB0721
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had any success in getting Verizon to acknowledge their phone was shipped but must have been lost since the warehouse hasn't scanned it in and still given you the promo you signed up for in good faith? I'm with the one customer who said we might have to take this up with the State Attorney General and file a consumer protection complaint. There are way too many customers in this community that have had this issue. Another thought, my return address is on the shipping label, wouldn't UPS deliver the package back to me if its not delivered to the Return Processing Center in Fort Worth, TX? This is my third phone I have shipped back, the first two went through fine, but this last one is a nightmare. Need to get this matter resolved before switching carriers and filing a consumer protection complaint. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we would want is to have you considering other carriers, 5024756693. We do understand this process has been pretty involved, and all you want is a straight answer. I have sent a private note, so we can discuss the details in a more secure setting.

-George

0 Likes
PB0721
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with George and Robert C on July 21st and was issued ticket #8160164.  Have not heard back from either person yet nor have any updates been made to my account. I would like to get an update so this matter can be resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure we keep you updated! Please send us a Private Note.

-Nikki

0 Likes