What has happened to the customer service? It's beyond awful.
Joe131
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not a throw stones type of person, but it's kind of unfortunate and sad Verizon has embarked down this path of poor customer service. 

I remember the times you could talk to someone without sitting on hold for 2 hours. I just sat in a chat window last night for 75 minutes and no one showed up. I want to upgrade and continue using Verizon, but if I have a problem, I can't talk to anybody. I want to switch to a Pixel phone, and if I don't like it, I want to return it, but I'm doing an upgrade. I don't know how the process works if I choose to return the Pixel. 

I was told 2 weeks ago I'd receive a call back about a service issue, and nothing. At this point I'm seriously considering paying off the last $600 of my phone and going back to AT&T. 

Re: What has happened to the customer service? It's beyond awful.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, Joe131. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our Verizon family. I want you to have an excellent experience upgrading your phone and I can provide you with information about returning and exchanging the phone if it does not meet your needs fully.

You can process your upgrade at your convenience at this link (https://m.vzw.com/m/hxhv). And you have 30 days to return it if it does not meet your expectations, please take a few moments to read all the details about or return policy at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/). How does this sound? -Antonio

0 Likes
322ls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am right there with you.  Unresolved issue since Aug. They owe me two credits for returned phones.  I keep getting strung along "you need to wait until next billing cycle" ect. Bounced between numerous representative.  I'm actually on hold as I type.  Been chatting with an agent for the last 3 hours..now I'm told I have to call in.  Absolutely ridiculous.  over 13 hours I have spent on this same issue.  Also, no return calls when promised. So fed up with this. Ready to file complaint with BBB, FCC and possible small claims court if I need to.  FED UP!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

322ls, we are concerned to hear you are having issues and are happy to assist in any way possible. You mentioned you are waiting credits on returned devices. Are these devices you returned within the first 30 days of purchase? Are you trading in devices? How can we assist? *Joshua

0 Likes
Brunet487
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand your problem - I have been on the phone with them for over 3 hours.  I am trying to return a new phone on my account within the 30 day return policy - they are trying to charge me a restocking fee of $50.00.  Also they did the return order - charged my credit card $81.74 and then cancelled the order.  I have since filed a complaint with the BBB where I notice there is over 30,000 complaints within the last year.  Amazing they should hire people who can actually read and speak English.  Disgusting.

322ls
Enthusiast - Level 2

no. because I never recv'd the return boxes.  on 7/21 I finally got to talk to a supervisor, Tyler, and he said he would send the boxes.  After months of waiting, I finally received them.  Both devices were received by Verizon on 8/5. Tyler also said I would get the $650 credit on both phones

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brunet487, I know how important it is for your device return to be a smooth process, and I would like to help. I also want to be sure that you do receive credit for the order that was canceled. If your order was canceled, and your card was charged, you should see a refund within 3-5 business days back to your card. The restocking fee is normally charged for any phone returned or exchanged for a different model. To better see how we can help, may I ask the reason why you are returning the device? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is good news, 322ls. Glad to hear you were able to work with someone over the phone and get this resolved. -Gerson

0 Likes
Re: What has happened to the customer service? It's beyond awful.I
ila2

I had never looked for another carrier since Verizon had such great US-based service. I was shocked today to call and get an off-shore rep. What a huge disappointment. I'm gong to start looking elsewhere now!

0 Likes
Re: What has happened to the customer service? It's beyond awful.I
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ila2,

Making sure our customers can get support is always our goal. I'm sorry you had trouble with that but I can assure you we're always glad to help. What was your reason for calling? Was there anything the rep on the phone wasn't able to help with? 

-Andrew

0 Likes