*228 used to work for updates... what has it changed to???r
ARNOLD368
Enthusiast - Level 1

why doesn't *228 work anymore or has it changed???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: *228 used to work for updates...   what has it changed to???r
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ARNOLD368! Yes that is correct! Only our 3G capable phones would need to dial *228 (send) option 1 to activate, or 2 to update roaming capabilities. 4G phones, however, do not need to do this option and auto update based on the sim card and power cycling the phone. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless I'm wrong, SIM cards find the PRL on their own with no need for *228, since it doesn't work on SIM-enabled phones.

Re: *228 used to work for updates... what has it changed to???r
Weth
Legend

*228 is no longer applicable for any LTE capable phone, all which have the SIM cards to do the PRL work. Agree with Snn5

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ARNOLD368! Yes that is correct! Only our 3G capable phones would need to dial *228 (send) option 1 to activate, or 2 to update roaming capabilities. 4G phones, however, do not need to do this option and auto update based on the sim card and power cycling the phone. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
W3NDYZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

5yr customer. First half of that time exceptional mobile service; home & errands. Past 2yrs been horrible! Still same plan, phones, address. Talked into upgrade, week in; still horrible. Rep instructed me dial *228 from my Moto z4(about a yr ago) O.K. (?) I was sent a 4G LTE Network Extender 2(nope! ISP -5 w/o add fees). Why in the world it happen? Not HOW, but WHEN will our mobile data service be more Hit than MISS?? Steep pricing for a sense of security & still in the dark. Maybe, another upgrade? |-: 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how vital it is to have reliable coverage at all times, and we are here to help. Are all services currently being impacted or is it just cellular data? MaxiL_VZW

0 Likes