3G Coverage Dissappearing in Washington DC
Shooboda

I've been with Verizon since 2011 and got the iPhone 4 from them. I still use the same phone but I have noticed that I am no longer able to get 3G service in areas of Washington, DC where it was never an issue. I have read that Verizon wants to phase out its 2G and 3G network by 2021. Is 3G already being phased out here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G Coverage Dissappearing in Washington DC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Shooboda,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to learn of the data service issues you have been experiencing recently. It would be my pleasure to address your data concerns. I have verified there are no known issues with 3G data in the Washington, DC area. 3G is definitely still available and have also verified there are many towers in the area.

Do you experience the data issues while your indoors, outdoors or both? Can you please try resetting your network settings on your iPhone. To reset your network settings tap on settings>general>reset>reset network settings. After you have reset network settings, power off your phone off and on then test. If you are still having issues with data, dial *228 send directly from the phone and select option #2. Should you still experience data service issues, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes