4s unlock for canada and GPS info?
surlygirl

I have a 4s that needs to travel with me to Canada to a 4 week stint of research work.  I will need my phone to arrange contacts and interviews with public officials and since it's going to be a long time, I was wondering if I could get access to an unlocked SIM in the meantime.

Likewise, could I use my GPS for apps without data roaming?  I regularly use my GPS on running and cycling apps here without data or wifi but I'm not sure how this works abroad?  I can't afford roaming charges on this trip.  My goal is to use the phone abroad only on wifi and to insert a cheap SIM in for occasional calls and texts.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4s unlock for canada and GPS info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello surlygirl,

Canada is an awesome country to visit. What better way to stay connected then with the use of your Verizon iPhone 4s. May I ask have you had a previous device unlocked for global use? If not then we can have the device unlocked for use with an international carrier. To start the process, simply reach out to our global support team before leaving at 800-711-8300.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4s unlock for canada and GPS info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello surlygirl,

Canada is an awesome country to visit. What better way to stay connected then with the use of your Verizon iPhone 4s. May I ask have you had a previous device unlocked for global use? If not then we can have the device unlocked for use with an international carrier. To start the process, simply reach out to our global support team before leaving at 800-711-8300.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes