5G UW Icon not showing on iPhone 12 Pro
fincher13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chicago area... I have iPhone 12 Pro and have not seen the 5GUW icon despite being in an area with Ultra Wide service. My son has iPhone 13 and gets the 5GUW icon. Interestingly, we both ran SpeedTest app in same location at same time and speeds were the same for each of us despite my phone not showing the 5GUW icon: 460 down; 80 up. So, I think it is a software icon issue on the iPhone 12 Pro not showing the 5GUW icon.

Running 15.2.1 and my phone has eSIM. Anyone else with iPhone 12 or 12 Pro experiencing this anomaly?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 5G UW Icon not showing on iPhone 12 Pro
fincher13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I needed to get a new SIM card. My SIM card was old. Issue solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having 5G. May we ask what ZIP code you are in?

~Maria

0 Likes
fincher13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip 60062. I want to emphasize that service is very good and I get the UW speeds where UW is available but no UW icon shows. Not sure if its a Verizon issue or Apple issue (or both).

0 Likes
fincher13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I needed to get a new SIM card. My SIM card was old. Issue solved.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon says I'm getting 5guw even if the icon doesn't show up, I have a S21+. Verizon's ad says the opposite. Who is right? I'm given different answers on 5guw availability in my area too. The map shows it's in my area but tier 2 gives different answers. I get different answers from everyone. Who can I contact to get support? Tier 2 is not good.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
fincher13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get new SIM card. I had older SIM card and the new one solved issue of not seeing the UW icon when in a UW area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you're getting the accurate information you're looking for! It's true, you'll only see the 5GUW icon when you are in an area that is covered with the 5GUW network, and you have a 5GUW capable device, and it is actively accessing data from the network. Please, let us know if you have any other questions!

*Chance

0 Likes