5s Better on AT&T?
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know someone with the 5s on AT&T? Does the LTE/4G work better for AT&T? Ever since I got the 5 and now the 5s I have been having trouble with LTE on both of those phones. LTE works fine when I had the S4 but for some reason with the iPhone it is so crappy. HOW CAN I GET HELP WITH MY LTE FROM VERIZON?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5s Better on AT&T?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pnhtricey, help is here! We can help make reception better on your device regardless to if it's a 5 or 5S device. We recommend that you reset the network on your device in Settings like this: http://vz.to/1bGG252 Next, you will need to power it off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted and reach out to us if the issue persists.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1
That's what the customer rep did at the verizon store and then my phone stayed on 3G for like six hours O_o.  Then I was suggested to buy a network extender which is not what I need. A network extended is not going to help me when I am away from my house....
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there pnhtricey,

I can assure you that you got the 5s on the best network. What zip code are you having these issues in? I'll take a closer look. Also try powering off and removing and reinserting the sim card,http://vz.to/1exwhat.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

The SIM was removed and reinserted and that did not help either. Hoping to get a new SIM card today and see if that helps my network issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do hope the new SIM took care of your concerns, Pnhtricey. We're still here to help if you need anything else for your phone or service.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

the new SIM card did not help either. I give up, I even factory reset my phone as the Rep suggested and that didn't help either. so ultimately I just turned off the LTE altogether .....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Pnhtricey,

Let's get to the bottom of this issue! I want you to enjoy the best possible service everywhere! Are the LTE issues in a specific location (home, office, school)? How many bars of signal do you see on the screen when LTE is not available? Do you have your phone in a protective case? If so, please remove from case, power off/on and test.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

the LTE is horrible at my work location which is on a military base. before the network settings were reset, i used to get LTE only one bar. when i went into the verizon store and the rep reset the network settings, LTE goes away on base and stays away until i leave the base. I really do not think has anything to do with it, but I will try it and see. I would rather be using my phone in a protective case since it is such a delicate phone.

testing.........

As i suspected. the phone came back on and LTE was no where in sight. I turned on LTE turned off the phone, removed the case and powered back on.

0 Likes