5s iOS 8.4.1 cannot send or receive MMS, with MMS on in settings
scotjohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, my wife's phone can't receive or send MMS messages from/to me, despite MMS being turned on in her phone's settings, and both of our phones being on a single Verizon plan together.  She recently updated to iOS 8.4.1. 

To troubleshoot, I just sent her a number of messages of different types (from my iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.1) and this is what happened:

-- SMS text messages: she receives these fine from me

-- iMessage text-only message: she receives these fine from me

-- iMessage photo-only message: she receives these fine from me

-- iMessage photo + text message: she receives these fine from me

-- MMS photo-only message: she DOES NOT receive these messages

-- MMS photo + text message: she DOES NOT receive these messages

-- MMS text-only message to group: she DOES NOT receive these messages

Similarly, when she turned off iMessage, leaving MMS on in her settings, and she tried to send me a photo, it did not go through.  She got a "not delivered" error message, and the photo never arrived on my phone.

Here's what we've tried so far:

-- Turning MMS off, and back on again (both of our phones)

-- Turning iMessage off, and back on again (both of our phones)

-- Powering the phone all the way off and restarting (both of our phones)

-- Deleting her as a contact and re-adding her (my phone)

None of this has helped.  We're sitting in the same house, and the MMS messages specifically aren't going through. I can't just use iMessage for everything because I sometimes send group texts to her plus friends who have Android phones -- and she doesn't get any of those messages.  Help?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5s iOS 8.4.1 cannot send or receive MMS, with MMS on in settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scotjohn - The text delivery has arrived. Being able to text is a convenient way to keep in touch with all the people in our lives, The iPhone 5C has not been updated with the 8-4-1 software. We suggest to update the Software Version.Can she receive Piscture messages from anyone else? Is the iPhone 5C 8GB or 16GB.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scotjohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, her 5S cannot receive or send any MMS messages at all, from anyone or to anyone, even though MMS is turned on in her settings.  SMS and iMessage work fine, but not MMS.

My 5C is not the problem.  I can receive and send MMS messages just fine.  I'm just using it as a convenient way to test messages to and from her phone.  Thanks.

0 Likes
scotjohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's another clue: her phone was able to send and receive MMS messages until she upgraded to 8.4.1. Since then, she can't send or receive MMS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get her MMS back up & running, scotjohn! Can you try one minor reset on her device? Can you have her do Reset Network Settings: http://vz.to/1FCm9J5 She will not lose anything important such as pics, videos, or contacts. She may have to reset up her WiFi or other minor settings, though.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes