5s not receiving emergency texts
FortDefiance54

I get this thru email that IPhone did not receive the text

appears to be a Verizon phone that can not receive text messages from 888777. Please contact Verizon or Nixle to resolve this issue. If XXX-XXX-XXXX is not your mobile phone, please login to update your settings.

I have alerts and amber on in settings have turned them off restarted phone and turn them on.. also weather alerts from local station and weather channel do not work , Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5s not receiving emergency texts
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if I'm understanding. You're receiving an email that tells you that you aren't getting texts? Perhaps try looking at the Apple Support forum and asking about this on there also. I've never seen anything like this so I really don't know where to lead you except for the Apple Support site.

0 Likes
FortDefiance54

When I signed up they asked for a email address. so it knows that the text was not accepted I take it so it sent the backup email letting me know that it did not go thru.

I looked on the apple forum but have not seen anything go to the forum.  What is weird is that I can not get weather alerts from the weather channel apps and local apps from a local TV station either.

would i have to add that to my address book? I just thought of that.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I get emergency alerts and alerts from the weather channel app...at no time was I asked to provide my email address. The emergency alerts were turned on in settings (for Amber alerts for example)...so that definitely didn't need my email address. Try posting the question on the Apple support site. Maybe someone there will know something about this.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to get all your weather, Amber, etc alerts through Nixle?  If that'snot working (and apparently it's not) the I would skip theNixle service and just sign up for the specific alerts I want directly with Weather Bug, Amber, local news stations, etc.

I understand the convenience Nixle offers - being able to sign up for and manage all the alerts in one central location - but if that's not working, then an alternate method is needed, like simply signing up for the alerts directly through the originating companies.

FortDefiance54

SuzyQ, I guess I have confused everyone. The alerts for the nixle for the county snow emergency was setup asking for a email address with the phone number. I fixed that problem by i sent a remove my IPhone number and then added again and it now works.

When I said that I was not getting alerts for the weather channel apps. Where when they issue a snow warning, wind or flood I do not receive them. I have not received an amber alert but it has been awhile since we have had them. The local weather apps or the weather channel apps does not send me a email. I just do not receive it. When I open the apps it shows that there was one issued.

So, I fixed the nexle problem but still have issues on my apps on the IPhone.

0 Likes