Activate unlocked Iphone 6
Stronger89

I need help as I have been to the verizon store 3 times now and talked to teach support online. I have an unlocked iphone 6 I purchased through apple. When I went in today they said they couldn't register it and didn't give me any solutions on what to do. The phone I got is one that is comptable with European as well as American networks so that I can use it in both. I had read this post When will I be able to activate the A1586 iPhone 6 on Verizon? to tell me how to do it. Should I just go with a different carrier at this point or what should I do? I talked to  tech person yesteray who said all I needed to do was go in and get a simm card have the card activated and everything would work. Now I'm home with no simm card or activation because the people in store said they couldn't do it. What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activate unlocked Iphone 6
USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phones would be hit or miss even though it's unlocked.

0 Likes
Stronger89

So should I just return the unlocked phone to apple and go directly though verizon? What should I do when I'm overseas then?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What you need to do is this:

Get a Verizon phone that uses a nano SIM activated. You can borrow someone's iPhone 5 or above and take it in to get the SIM and activate it. After it is activated, leave the store and remove the SIM. Put the original SIM back in the iPhone and that person's phone is back to normal.

Now take that activated SIM and put it in your iPhone 6. It should then activate on the network and work. However, it is reported it shows up on your account as unknown device and is not eligible for the month to month discount, so that is something to consider.

Which phone did you exactly get at Apple. The one you should get is the SIM free version that Apple sells. That has been reported to be in Verizon's database and is able to be activated.

USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

You would want to get a Verizon iPhone and you should be good as long as its a iPhone 5 or better

0 Likes