Activating Version corporate custom plan on Tmobile unlocked IPhone6plus
Satyabrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased an I phone 6 plus from Apple store in Dec 2014 - the Apple folks confirmed at the time of purchase this was a truly unlocked device and would work with any SIM from any carrier.

I want to use my office provided number (which is on a custom corporate plan) with this device. Has anyone attempted anything similar and were they successful. The Verizon relationship manager for our company says it should work but they cannot confirm if it would be possible to activate the custom plan on it. I personally find this hard to believe and feel this is complicating an otherwise simple issue - my take is you would transfer services from a micro sim provided by Verizon to a nano-sim provided by them,s o should not be a big deal- however, I dont want to end up finding out the hard way, after buying another device, so checking here - grateful if someone who has been through a similar experience with Verizon could share their thoughts.

Thanks
Satya

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating Version corporate custom plan on Tmobile unlocked IPhone6plus
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm a little confused by the post.  Did you by a Verizon Phone at full retail price ( $649-$949) .   Why not the unlocked, sim free version?

Yes, the iphone 6 is truly unlocked and can be used on any carrier in the world.  

It has been reported that activating these phones has been tricky as they don't appear in any records.  You may have best luck activating in store.

0 Likes
Satyabrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Tmobile unlocked one in Dec - at that time the sim-free option wasn't available -I wanted an unlocked device so I could use it with any carrier - did not know at that time Verizon might highlight this kind of a limitation. I posted the question here hoping for some insight from someone else who might have faced the same situation.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

AS long as you paid full price ($649-$949), it is completely carrier unlocked and as radios for all networks.

you can activate it as a month to month on any network.

(pretty cool, huh?   Only the Nexus 6 is also an entirely unlocked, for any network phone)

Satyabrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok thanks.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Agree with mama23dogs with this important caveat:

You cannot activate a T-mobile iPhone 6 on Verizon unless you already have an activated nano SIM card to put in the phone.  If you just try to activate the phone with a non-active SIM in the phone, the activation will fail.

Solution is to activate the nano SIM in a Verizon phone, the transfer the SIM to the T mobile iPhone 6

this is not the case with the SIM free version Apple sells, only the ATT or T-Mobile versions.  It has to do with the IMEI number being in Verizon database, not a true difference in the hardware of the phones. 

0 Likes