Added iPad, where is the extra 2 gb per month?
JOHCOX37

Just added an iPad to my account and am expecting an extra 2 gb per month but don't see it in My Verizon. Why not?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Added iPad, where is the extra 2 gb per month?
Weth
Legend

The fine print under the 2GB bonus says it must be a smartphone. Where did you read you get it for a tablet?

The fine print says:

2GB bonus data/mo/line for each new smartphone activation or upgrade purchased on device payment for as long as line remains activeon the new Verizon Plan size L (8GB) or above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The fine print under the 2GB bonus says it must be a smartphone. Where did you read you get it for a tablet?

The fine print says:

2GB bonus data/mo/line for each new smartphone activation or upgrade purchased on device payment for as long as line remains activeon the new Verizon Plan size L (8GB) or above.
0 Likes
JOHCOX37

I can't find it now but it was a major factor in my decision to add the iPad to the plan instead of continuing to use prepaid. The deal was add a tablet for 10 per month with an extra 2gb per device. Has the plan changed in the last month or two removing that feature? Now I'm paying an extra 10 per month for nothing but a little convenience.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It specifically says 'smartphones'.  It is the same data bonus offer from last fall, it has only been for smartphones upgrade.

IMG_4779.PNG

0 Likes
JOHCOX37

That is SO misleading!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I found this for you. Promotional Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless

What is promotional data, and how does it work?  

Promotional data is data that is automatically added to your Data Wallet in My Verizon when you do an action to earn the data.

For example:

• Buy a new Verizon Wireless tablet and receive 1 GB of extra data per month for 12 months
  • Take a survey on a restaurant's website and get 50 MB of data per month for 3 months

-- I also looked at some of the older advertisements and wonder if the wording got you thinking another way? The ads would say Add 2 GB for every new phone you add to your account and you can share it among all lines in your account, including tablets.

New and existing customers must upgrade or activate a new phone and be on the XL or the XXL Verizon Plan to receive the 2 GB of bonus data each month. Customers can add up to 10 lines per account.  To receive the bonus data for life, customers must remain on the XL or XXL Verizon Plan and the line must remain active on a phone.

Customers can share the data with all devices on the account, including tablets and connected devices, although tablets and connected devices are not eligible to be upgraded or activated to receive the 2 GB of data each month.

0 Likes
JOHCOX37

Maybe but I don't remember it being promotional. I seem to remember it being on a page describing the features of the new plans. Again this was a month or two ago I saw it and I just today got around to making the switch from prepaid ( I was waiting for the prepaid data to run out). I have no land line and need all the data I can get for my precious retirement dollars and thought this would be an economical way to add a couple gb to my bucket. I'm never without the phone so tethering the iPad is no problem. I'll probably drop the iPad off the plan and eat the activation fee. Thanks for looking into this for me.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

An offer 1-2 months ago may have expired.  google it if you want, but I snap the promos regularly.  This particular one has not been for tablets

Note the date 8/16

IMG_4780.PNG

0 Likes