Adding a line to Upgrade to 5s
iWitness

Hello all,

Thank you for your time in helping,

I am wanting to get the 5s when it comes out I currently have a 5 that I got on release date so I am going on a year into my plan.

What are the best and cheapest options on be getting a 5s.

Is there any way to add a line for the upgrade but not use it as a data line and pay $10?

Can someone give me some insight or some options,

Thanks in advanced for all the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adding a line to Upgrade to 5s
iWitness

Can anyone help with any options on the best way about me getting the 5s.

I am currently on a share everything plan with 1 line,

Thanks

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't say what plan you have.

If you are on the Share Everything plan, you cannot add a line for $10, it is $40 for a smartphone and $30 for a basic phone.

If you are on one of the older Nationwide plans, you can add a line for $10 but if you do not also have a basic phone which you can place on that line AFTER switching the phone to your current line, you would have to pay for data on the new line of at least $30/month.

You can possibly purchase the iPhone 5S at full retail and use the financing plan which spreads the cost of the phone out over 12 months with a $2 finance charge/month if you qualify.

Since it appears you are not yet eligible for a discounted upgrade, you would not be eligible for the Edge plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are not currently eligible for a discounted upgrade, there is no "good" option for you. You could possibly pay full retail and take advantage of Verizon's financing plan which spreads the cost of the phone out over 12 months with a $2/month finance charge if you qualify.

Otherwise, you will have to pay full retail.

0 Likes
iWitness

Hey Thanks for your reply,

I am currently on a the NEW share everything plan so I understand the $10 is not a option.

This 12 month financial can anyone do this? This seems like a good option.

Also can I trade in my current iPhone 5 and put whatever they give me towards the full retail price of the 5s and then do the 12 month finance for the remainder balance?

Thanks again for the help.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

iWitness wrote:

This 12 month financial can anyone do this? This seems like a good option. You would have to check when making the purchase as you would have to qualify.

Also can I trade in my current iPhone 5 and put whatever they give me towards the full retail price of the 5s and then do the 12 month finance for the remainder balance? You could trade it in, but I don't think the amount you receive will not be available when you are making the purchase. You would most likely have to finance the full amount. I believe Verizon's trade in program gives you a gift card, however you will get nowhere near what the phone is likely worth. You would be better to try selling the phone yourself on a site such as Swappa.com.

0 Likes
iWitness

Thanks again for your reply, time, and help!

Last question do you know if you what type of credit you need to qualify or the 12 month plan? If it is hard or easy to qualify,

THANKS!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on the Share Everything Plans, adding a line going to be more expensive than you think.

Your options are the Full Retail Price or the Device Payment Plan. You don't qualify for the Edge program.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Some may think it hard to qualify, others not.

I don't know the qualifications, but I would assume you can't have a deposit on your account for lack of creditworthiness. You should not have had any service suspensions in the last year or so. Finally, you also should not have had any late payments within the past year or so. Any of these items would lower your chances.

0 Likes
iWitness

Thanks for the help once again,

Does anyone have any knowledge if there is a credit check involved with this program?

Also will the 5s be available for this option even though it is so now.

Thanks

0 Likes