Air drop
TheMarine79
Enthusiast - Level 3

My iPhone will not allow me to do air drop. My wife's phone allows her to air drop to me but not back to her

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Air drop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TheMarine79

That is rather unusual! How long has this been going on? Do you both have the same type of iPhone? Is your ios completely up to date? Are either of you on wifi when you have tried to do this?

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheMarine79
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been going on for some time. I'm on wifi and I am completely up to date

0 Likes
TheMarine79
Enthusiast - Level 3

She has a 6 and I have a 6 plus

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Swipe up from the bottom to open the control center. Click on Air drop and try the everyone setting to see if that works.  Also make sure wifi and Bluetooth are turned on. 

0 Likes
TheMarine79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done everything I have been told and it is still not working.  What do I do to make this work.  Is the phone faulty?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This is the best debug steps I have seen (from igeeksblog.com)

Make sure you also reboot your phone as part of the debug process. (Press and hold home button and sleep/wake button together for 10 seconds then let go). -- Don't miss that important step!

How to Fix AirDrop Not Working In iOS 8

• AirDrop can’t work if WI-FI and Bluetooth are turned off. There are two ways through which you can turn on WI-FI and Bluetooth.
  • Launch Settings app and then turn on WI-FI and Bluetooth.

Turn On WiFi and Bluetooth for AirDropor

• Swipe up the screen of your device from bottom, Control Center will appear. Tap on WI-FI and Bluetooth icons to turn them on.

Turn On WiFi and Bluetooth for AirDrop from Control Center in iOS 8

• AirDrop doesn’t work just by turning on WI-FI and Bluetooth. You have to turn it on as well.

Step #1. Swipe up the screen from bottom.Step #2. Tap on AirDrop (below the Control Center.)AirDrop Not Working In iOS 8Step #3. Tap on EveryoneTap on Everyone in iOS 8 AirDropRemember: Here you get four options

• Off:  It lets you turn off AirDrop.
  • Everyone: It allows you to transfer your files with any compatible Apple Device.
  • Contacts Only: It lets you transfer your files with only those who are in your contact list having valid Apple ID.
  • Cancel: It lets you cancel the process.

You can tap on Everyone or Contacts Only depending on your wish and the need to do so.

Reboot your device. Sometimes your device may stop functioning properly due to some technical glitches. The best way you can solve this temporary glitch is just by powering down your device and then starting it off again.

Hopefully, your AirDrop bug will be fixed now.

AirDrop makes communication between like devices so easy. Initially, it was started with only Mac to Mac. Then it became iPhone to iPhone thing. And now with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, it is allowed across all Apple devices. The so called cross – communication has been upgraded to a new level in order to bring more efficiency for Apple device users.

AirDrop Not Working In iOS 8: Here is How to Fix it

0 Likes