Airplane Mode
theresawheat

When we put both of our iphone 7's on airplane mode, we are still receiving texts immediately while it is in that mode. The other person's phone is also receiving my texts immediately while we are both in airplane mode. This seems to have happened since returning from Mexico last month. It was never a problem before. Do we have something set wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Airplane Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want everything to be working properly for you on your phones, theresawheat. We are here to help. 

The Airplane Mode feature of your phone should shut off the internal antenna of your phone for Cellular and Wi-Fi service. However, once you are in Airplane Mode, you can still connect to Wi-Fi.

This means that any iMessages would still be able to be sent and received on your phone. Do you know if your phone is connecting to Wi-Fi when in Airplane Mode? Are your messages showing in Blue(iMessages) or Green(standard texting)?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Airplane Mode
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's probably Apple's stupid wi-fi assit or something. Your issue could be your phone.

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

0 Likes