Annual upgrade after iPhone 7 $0 trade-in promo
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Question on the iPhone 7 $0 after trade-in promotion. I'm trading in my iPhone 6S for the iPhone 7 using this promotion. If I decide to use the annual upgrade for the iPhone 8 next year and still keep a device payment plan for the new iPhone 8, will I still receive my remaining monthly credits from my iPhone 7 trade-in promo ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Annual upgrade after iPhone 7 $0 trade-in promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to know your options for the future when upgrading your device davlev98, We have a great tool here that will answer all of your questions about the annual upgrade https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link you provided does not discuss the details of the $0 trade-in iPhone 7 promo. And the only details on your website I found about the iPhone 7 $0 trade-in promo is very unclear on what happens if you upgrade next year and still keep a device payment program for next year's iPhone.

When I pay off 50% of the iPhone 7 under the device payment program next year and upgrade to the next iPhone under the device payment plan, will I still receive my remaining monthly credits from iPhone 7 promo ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the link provided didn't answer your questions DAVLEV98 . The Device Payment Plan for the new Iphone is 24-months. The trade in amount will get credited to your account each month for 24-months. If you decide to get a different phone before the 24-months is over, you will need to pay off the remaining amount you owe on the Device Payment Plan. We are unable to initiate a New Device Payment Plan until the current one is completed or paid out.

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm confused! In your link, it specifically states:

1. You may be able to upgrade your eligible device for a new qualifying device after 30 days provided that you have paid at least 50% of the retail price of your device under the device payment agreement and you return your eligible device to us in good working condition with no significant damage as determined by us.
0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

So back to my original question. The iPhone 7 $0 promo is where I receive $650 worth of credits, credited monthly for 2 years. If I upgrade next year under the annual upgrade program of the device payment plan, will I still continue receiving the remaining monthly credits from the iPhone 7 $0 promo ?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, you would not continue to receive the credits for the last 12 payments on your device. The credits are ONLY valid as long as you are making payments on the device for which you received the credit. IF you choose to trade in the device on the annual upgrade program and start making payments on a NEW device instead of the iPhone 7/7+, you forfeit the remaining monthly credits.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you notice the wording of the promo:

"New device payment purch. req'd. $650 trade-in credit applied over 2 yrs.; credit begins in 2-3 cycles; ends when balance pd (line must be active 2 yrs for full credit). $650 trade-in value for select iPhones in good working and cosmetic cond."

It states that the credit "ends when balance pd". When you upgrade on the annual upgrade program, the remaining balance of your device is forgiven and considered "paid", thus ending the credits. To get the FULL credit, you must continue paying for 2 full years on THAT device. Of course, that is what Verizon means by "Up to $650" credit.

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks....that's what I was afraid of. The wording said "credit ends when balance paid", which is kinda ambiguous, because it could also mean when the balance of the $650 credits is paid.

With this clarification and my plans to upgrade next year, I will better off trading in my iPhone 6S via a 3rd party instead of using this Verizon promo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that you have all the information you need. I would like to take a look at your account to further assist. I have sent you a private message.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes