Apple Watch 3 won’t connect to cellular
BENPFL44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unable to get my Apple Watch to connect to cellular straight out of the box. Verizon shows it’s activated, it’s paired with my phone and everything on both phone and watch show my cellular plan. However, it won’t connect to cellular for more than a few seconds. I don’t think it’s related to the known bug because I just updated it today and it’s still not working. I’ve turned off my phone and my WiFi so there are no other WiFi networks it could even try to connect to and it still won’t connect. I spent 2 hours on the phone with both Verizon and Apple tonight and all they both seem to be able to suggest is turning things off and back on again. Has anyone had this issue and been able to resolve it? Apple even said they have not had any other reported issues like this.

Labels (1)
Re: Apple Watch 3 won’t connect to cellular
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great device, and we certainly want to get it working for you as soon as possible. I am so sorry for the issue you are having. So that we can take a closer look and get you up and running, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
codefame
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue. Would be nice to see a solution for this.

Silverfoxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree i Have the same issue and PM doesn’t help us. What was the solution so that I can get min fixed?

STEGRA85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  2 service calls to Verizon did not help.

Bzurk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Multiple calls in and the update done.  it kind of make me mad that I paid $50 more for a watch that is exactly the same as the non cellular one. Something is wrong with the Verizon network.

juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

This isn't the experience we want you to have with activating your Apple Watch. I know you're eager to get your watch activated successfully so you can enjoy this great accessory. I will be happy to help with getting this fixed. I know you mentioned that going to Private Message doesn't help however, I feel confident we can this resolved for you. I have sent you a Private Message and I look forward to assisting you further.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEGRA85,

We're here to make sure that your Watch fucntions as it should on your VZW account. Let us help. To fully assist, please respond to the private message that I've sent.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bzurk,

Issues regarding your Apple Watch is not what we want for you. Let us help. To fully assist, please respond to the private message that has been sent.

CoreyM

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GLIGN8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem. My husband and I both got the Apple Watch 3, and I had upgraded from the Series 1.  Neither one of ours work without the phone for more than a few seconds.. it was a waste of $800. I spent hours on the phone with earth Verizon and Apple, they kept having me unpair/pair and turn both devices off and on. Now Apple wants me to reset my phone to factory settings and restore it before they will “escalate” the issue. It’s not an issue wlithium pairing    it’s an issue with Verizon‘s service. Verizon used to be the unparalleled best company around, worth the extra money (And I’ve been with them since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile) Now for at least the last year I have dropped calls almost every day, and I spent $800 on watches that STILL won’t work without our phones. Very frustrating. My next upgrade I’m thinking of switching companies. I need a provider that can actually provide a signal.