Apple Watch - Cellular is set up but Watch App on iPhone says "Not in Use" and watch says "No Cellular Plan"
BENKRA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried to Remove Verizon Plan and then re-add it and it still does this over and over.  End result is when my watch leaves range of my phone, I have nothing.  The cellular icon on my watch is not white like it is when it has cellular coverage but not active.

Labels (1)
Re: Apple Watch - Cellular is set up but Watch App on iPhone says "Not in Use" and watch says "No Cellular Plan"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon to you BENKRA11! We certainly want you to be able to use your awesome Apple watch. The easiest way to tell if it's an Apple watch with cellular, your watch will  have a red dot on its digital crown. Wi-Fi only Apple watches don't have the red dot.

Verizon will not be able to activate the Wi-Fi version. If you have the Wi-Fi version and you'd like to have the cellular version you would need to return your watch to Apple and purchase the cellular version that works on our network. I hope this is beneficial. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Apple Watch - Cellular is set up but Watch App on iPhone says "Not in Use" and watch says "No Cellular Plan"
BENKRA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a cellular AW Series 3.  It has the red dot.  I have it activated on my account and at times my watch has recognized the plan.  Then after a period of time, the subject issues occurs.  As I said, in the watch app it shows the verizon plan but it is under a heading of Not in Use.  The watch it self says no cellular plan.

Thanks,

Ben

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BENKRA11,
Thank you for that clarification. We certainly want to make sure that we are trying every thing that we can to get you Watch connected again. In some cases it has been determined that when your watch connects to an unknown Wi-Fi source, then tried to reconnect to your LTE Network it can't. Try to unpair the devices. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Go to the My Watch tab and tap your watch at the top of the screen. Tap "I" next to the watch that you want to unpair.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BENKRA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unpaired and repaired, still same result.  I even applied the new Watch OS 4.0.1 software release and still no difference.

0 Likes
ElizaE

Same and when I call, they say there is a long wait for support.  I think there must be a lot of this issue happening.

0 Likes
MarcosD
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is incredible that this still happens almost a year after the original post and few agents at Verizon know how to fix it.

Apple support told me to ask VZ to remove line from account completely and add it again. They said that would not fix anything. Guess what? A week later a Verizon agent told me she would do exactly that and within minutes the issue was fixed. This is an issue on the Verizon side even though it looks like it is a Watch or Phone issue and the worst part is I returned my first watch because everyone assumed it was that.

So tell the agent to remove the line completely from the account and when you get to the Verizon screen during pairing you will be ADDING a new line instead of REPLACING one.  Seems their backend does not always work well. UGH!

elizlk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ugh - so I need to call Verizon and have them remove the line and re-add it? I'm having the same problem .... 

Verizon - fix your infrastructure. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: Apple Watch - Cellular is set up but Watch App on iPhone says "Not in Use"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello elizlk and thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter. We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter, and we hope to use this to make this process smoother in the future. We are concerned to learn that you are having trouble with your Apple Watch, and we are here to help in any way we can. Can you share the iPhone you have and which Apple Watch are you using currently? Did you receive a QR code at any point when attempting to activate the watch in question?

-Candice

0 Likes
Re: Apple Watch - Cellular is set up but Watch App on iPhone says "Not in Use"
Immike713

This is my current issue on a series 7. Please help, it has been 3 weeks. 

0 Likes