Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Activation
droe2269

I cannot activate the cellular service through Verizon on my Apple Watch Series 3. I purchased directly from Apple. I have been on the phone for a day between Verizon and Apple. Verizon says the device is faulty because there is no ICCID number on the watch; however, Apple has told me this is because it isn't activated yet and the ICCID number will mirror the phone once it is activated.

I have restarted, installed all software updates on phone and watch, unpaired and repaired. My Apple Watch app shows my verizon plan is available but not in use and I cannot do anything but forget the plan.

I have read it could be because I have a Verizon business account and that I also need to remove the line they added for my device. At this point I don't know what to do other than return the product.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Activation
SHATAN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had 4 calls with Verizon and they have been unable to resolve. Verizon keeps telling me it may take a couple of days which is crazy. I M on day three and still no activation. I also took my watch to the apple store and they said it is a problem on Verizon’s end. I am tired of pairinng and unpairing the phone. It takes a lot of time and all for nothing. I am very disappointed and this message board does not seem to have any resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHATAN31,

Activating your device should be a breeze. We can relate to how important this is, and value your time. What feedback have you been provided? What steps have we taken?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHATAN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was not a helpful response. First of all it is not a breeze partly because of your customer service protocol. I have to call and restate my problem and go through the same basic trouble shooting items which don’t work each time.

In regards to steps taken...As mentioned, I have called four times. Reset the watch, paired and unpaired my phone numerous times, gone to the apple store because Verizon said the device is defective. Apple said it’s a problem on Verizon’s end. Last time I spoke with someone at Verizon they said wait a few days it might mysteriously start working. 3 Days in and no such luck.

juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

That's definitely too long of a time to get this fixed. I know the activation of your Apple Watch is important to complete and I want to help resolve this for you once and for all. So I can provide you with more personalized help, I have sent you a private message.

0 Likes
SHATAN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I responded to you over 2 hours ago. woth no response. Another example of Verizons bad customer service.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SHATAN31 wrote:

I responded to you over 2 hours ago. woth no response. Another example of Verizons bad customer service.

This community forum is primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. Immediate responses from the VZW reps that roam this community are NOT guaranteed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SHATAN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response Ann. It was NOT helpful!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And yet you "liked" it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droe2269, ensuring that you're able to activate your Apple Watch is vitally important. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I've noted that you purchased your Apple watch directly from Apple. The easiest way to tell if it is an Apple watch with cellular is that it has a red dot on the digital crown. The Wi-Fi only versions don't have the red dot.

Remember we cannot activate the Wi-Fi version. In this case, you would need to return it to Apple and purchase the cellular version that works on our network. I hope this is beneficial. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes