Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and Verizon
StarlaS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm happy with my Verizon service, but the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program is very appealing. Will Verizon offer a discounted calling plan for customers who get their phones through Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and Verizon
Weth
Legend

You will not get any financial benefit until your contract is up. When your contract is up, there is no discount for having no subsidized phones, you would need to switch to the new My Verizon Plan. Keep in mind monthly access fee will be $40 on the My Verizon plan until your contracts are up. Did you price out the Verizon plan for you now, it can save money? How much data do you use between all four phones.

I do not know what you are paying now, but on My Verizon with 6 GB and 4 phones still on contract, the cost will be $220 plus taxes. This drops to $140 once your contracts are completed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF you are out of contract and you switch to the My Verizon plan, access fees are $20.

IF you have More Everything plan, and you are out of contract, ask Verizon if you can add the month to month discount to your line of $15 for less than 6GB or $25 for 6 GB or more. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StarlaS, making sure you get the next phone you want, as well as save money, is top priority. Weth hit it flawlessly out of the ballpark with his response concerning your options through the Verizon Plan, and More Everything.

This is due to you purchasing directly through Apple. The only addition I would add is to keep in mind that purchasing through Apple does provide a great value with Apple Care added in. However, it does not cover lost or stolen devices, so we do recommend adding insurance protection if that is a concern.

http://spr.ly/6580BJwiK

Let us know if you have any additional questions, StarlaS! Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StarlaS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I should have been more specific. I'm on the Nationwide Talk & Text 700 plan, with four phones and a corporate discount. Our current contract ends 2/2016. Wondering about the cost comparison if we buy our phones elsewhere. Is it worth it to wait until our contract is up? I see that another provider gives me an attractive option to switch to them, but I really want to stay with Verizon. Thanks!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You will not get any financial benefit until your contract is up. When your contract is up, there is no discount for having no subsidized phones, you would need to switch to the new My Verizon Plan. Keep in mind monthly access fee will be $40 on the My Verizon plan until your contracts are up. Did you price out the Verizon plan for you now, it can save money? How much data do you use between all four phones.

I do not know what you are paying now, but on My Verizon with 6 GB and 4 phones still on contract, the cost will be $220 plus taxes. This drops to $140 once your contracts are completed.

0 Likes
StarlaS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, Weth! I appreciate your help.

0 Likes